Easy amplifier question...

Bronze Member
Username: Jaguar600

Post Number: 88
Hey guys I just got the kenwood KAC-9102D and I noticed it has 2 outputs for speakers, a left and a right. I just have one sub I connected to the left channel is that right? Why are there left and right channels if its a mono amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 85
It's one channel on the inside, it's just like that so you can wire more subs without having to have a big-as s terminal. If you have more than 1 sub then connect it to the right channel. If not then it's on yo if you want to leave it or what (I personally think subs always sound better in pairs... or quads...).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
oh ok so then connected it to the left channel is fine?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 922
It does not have left and right channels, it is one channel with four terminals.

Now, if you just bought that amp, RETURN IT ASAP. Kenwood is one of the worst brands of amplifiers out there. If you don't believe me search the forum for threads about kenwoods with blown power supplies.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 86
Yeah, MS is right. Kenwood amps aren't very good, regardless of what andre nickatina says.
But if you are going to keep the amp you'll be fine the way you have it, as long as you like the sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
I Think it sounds great actually... and its a class D. I dont really think I will have to worry about a blown power supply the amp is only at 4 ohms, I'm not even close to the max
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us