Where to get power wire

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 484
is there anywhere to get power wire cheap. i looked on knukonceptz.com but they are out of stock.

and also what is the best size speaker wire to use for my subs... i have 2 15" Q's with a kx2500.1 on its way. i want the most power going to them with out it being too much. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3717
use 12 guage speaker wire and i guess look on ebay for 1/0 also weldingsupply.com sells some reasonably priced, although its not as good as the stuff knu has.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4694
12-16 awg speaker wire is fine. dont look to get power wire cheap (like walmart) just get some good stuff so you dont have to worry bout quality issues. monster cables sells goo wire same with street wire, jl audio, kicker all make good wire

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 295
hifisoundconnection.com

reasonable by the foot

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1234
http://www.bcae1.com/images/swfs/speakerwireselectorassistant.swf

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 431
^^ I was playing around with that, and plugged in NINe.1 ratings, and it says 34.1A of current..

W = V(A)

W = 14.4(34.1)

W = 491 ?

Either you can't calculate watts with that, or it gives you wrong ratings :-(

Anyways, just thought I'd point it out :P

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1236
Tyler, Tyler, Tyler...

Upload

the "current flow" provided from that calculator is speaker wire current. If you want to get back to power you multiply it by speaker wire voltage, not power wire voltage.

Not sure what the point would be -- since you had to KNOW power right from the start.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1577
That little calculator is pretty cool. That second power "rating" can tell you how much power is lost as heat in the wiring.

I plugged in a 1000 watt amp driven into a two ohm load with a 5 foot run of 24 gauge. I lost 115 watts in the wiring. That may seem like a lot, but was only a 1.05 dB loss, which according to the caption is barely audible.

Interesting

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 486
ok what is the best speaker wire to get from knukonceptz?? is it the karma speaker wire or the kasa speaker wire?

which one would have better current flowing through?

Bronze Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 60
KICKER PKD1 Amp Kit 1/0 Gauge AWG Dual Wire 05PKD1 76+19.95 SHIPPING on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/New-KICKER-PKD1-Amp-Kit-1-0-Gauge-AWG-Dual-Wire-05PKD1_W0QQi temZ200092373702QQcategoryZ79815QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 332
stay away from kits imo. too limiting

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11666
partsexpress.com for wire cheap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts