Wiring my eD NINe.2X and SWE-1242's

Username: Spyder22

Post Number: 1
Im new to car audio and need some help hooking my stuff up.

I just got an Elemental Designs NINe.2X and two Alpine SWE-1242. Here are the links to both.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SWE-1242&lang=en&tab=F

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?t=2&products_id=47.

The amp has four total speaker connections (two speakers, Speaker A and Speaker B)

I have a diagram posted, is this how i should hook these subs up? Should i simpily hook one sub to Speaker A and the other to Speaker B?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9535
yes that amp is not stable at a 2 ohm mono load so stereo is your only option.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 826
Your diagram is correct

Post Number: 2
Ok so I got that part down thanks. But now i have another question. How do i hook the radio to the amp? The amp has two RCA inputs.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4690
since your radio has RCA outputs, run your RCA's from the deck's RCA outputs (just plug them in) directly into your amps RCA Inputs.

Post Number: 3
I didnt know the RCA plugs on the back of radio's are for subs. Are all radios like this? I thought the RCA plugs were an aux. input on the radio.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4696
yep, deck nowadays all come with pre-amp subwoofer outputs. most deck have 2 and 3 sets of RCA outputs now, so you can hook 2 and 3 amps up. Or some will have dedicated outputs like rear and front plugs

Post Number: 6
Ok so call me annoying. But i got another question. What if i just have a stock radio and it has no subwoofer outputs. Thats what im currently stuck with becuase i dont have a new radio yet :-(

BTW: THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us