Amp doesnt get power - reply asap

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinlow987

Post Number: 19
i had my system hooked up last night and it worked fine. i took it out today to out it in a new box and when i put the subs back in my car i hooked up a diff amp to and that amp didnt get any power so i checked the fuses and the postive wire fuse was blown so i replaced that and then still didnt get any power so i hooked my other amp back up and that 1 didnt get any power also all the fuses are fine... the wireing is fine..
ANY SOLUTIONS

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 806
1. Measure DC voltage at the amp. If it's not 12+ volts you have a wiring problem.

2. Jump the amps + terminal to the REM terminal and see if it turns on. If so, you fried the remote circuit in your HU.

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinlow987

Post Number: 20
did that doesnt turn on and i dont a a meter

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 807
If you jumped the remote to the positive terminal and it still didn't turn on, you're going to have to either borrow a meter from someone or buy one. Cheap ones are about $20.

Measure the DC voltage at the amp. It should be 12+ volts. It it's not, check your ground, and check your power wire fuse. If that's ok, check the fuses on the amp if it has them.

To check a fuse, set the meter to check continuity (the setting where it beeps when you touch the probes together), and touch one probe to each terminal of the fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us