Some Clarification needed

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 402
I think I had posted this message a long before. But was still unable to convince my friend. My friend says that theres a car with the following configuration.

TWO Audison 900w Monoblocks = 1800w

another high output Audison 4 channel Amplifier to drive component speakers in front and rear.

I think thats driving a Hertz sub not sure whether its correct.
He is saying that he has not installed a High Output alt and the car is not having any kind of electrical problems. What you say guys, is that possible?
The car alternator puts out nearly 50 amps at idle and 115 at peak. So tell me your views

Bronze Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 75
he might not see any problems but his amps will not put out their rated power because there will be voltage drops....if he did have a HO alt then his amps would perfrom a lot better...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3675
if he has his gain set low or his bass turned down the amps arnt drawing much current but the louder it is the more current is needed by the amps

Silver Member

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 403
ok, so can I assume that he is write that his so called BASS MONSTER is not having any electric problems?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 783
It is physically impossible to for amplifiers to produce 1800 watts from a 115 amp alternator. Even if the amps were 100% efficient (which they are not), it would still require 150 amps.

Bottom line, he may not see any visible electrical problems, but his amps are not producing their rated power.

Silver Member

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 404
ok thanx guys, I have given him the link to checkout your views. Lets see what he says now!!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9533
:-) to what M.S. said!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us