Lanzar Optidrive 2200 not working correctly

Username: Pulse_gto

Post Number: 4
As the title says, I have a Lanzar Optidrive 2200. I bought this amp back in 1998, and has worked great ever since. I have it wired in my old truck alonside a 4100 from the same vintage. It used to push two JL 12w6 subs (still old school), but now it was just pushing two MTX 10" 4000s. Gain set about 1/2 way, nothing too crazy. I really don't drive this truck much, so the amp does not get much use anymore, but I decided to drive it one day. Everything was working fine for the first minute, then the sound from my subs stopped. I looked at the amp, and the green power wire was on like normal. I turned the radio off, waited a minute, wiggled some wires, and turned the radio back on. The same thing happened, worked for about a minute, then stopped playing, but the power light remained on.
At this point I started to suspect the head unit, so I swapped RCAs, and same story, only that this time I got sound, then the sound got really distorted, sounded like a radio station not coming in well, then silence, then went back to the distortion, then clear, then nothing.
Why is it doing this? Can it be repaired?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 418
See if you can borrow an amp from someone and try it, just to make sure your amp is the problem. If it is bad, there are places that can repair it, such as:
http://www.amprepaircenter.com/

Username: Pulse_gto

Post Number: 5
I know it's the amp, I tried all the preouts from the radio on my 4100, and they all worked.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us