Memphis 1000d blowing fuses

Bronze Member
Username: Mrwebb

Post Number: 13
Okay my memphis 1000d has been working perfectly fine this winter since i got it hooked up...this morning i go outside to warm up my car and as soon as the radio is turned on my two 40 amp fuses inside the amp pop...so i went and bought two 30 amp fuses to see if the amp was malfunctioning and they popped as soon as i turned on the switch...does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?? the amp has been mounted in one spot and no wires have been touched since it was originally installed.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2170
happened to my amp oneday..... i must have gone thru 100 fuses....amp was defective..

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2011
Power wire shorting out. Check power wire

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i have a 150 amp flat fuse ran inline with the power wire under the hood.... how can i tell if that fuse is blown and is causing my amp fuses to blow?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
could the flat 150 amp fuse that runs under the hood be blown?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 318
No because if that fuse was blown you wouldn't have any power to your amp at all. Who installed it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
on the memphis 1000d the "yellow" fuse light is on and the "red" PRT light is on the fuse under the hood that runs into the power wire is fine so could my amp be blown? it was installed about 3 months ago by electronics express

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
i found out both of y memphis 15's are blown some how or another so do i need to but 2 other 15's for my 1000d amp or try to send them for repair? if so where do i send them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us