UREGENT!: i need help wiring!

Bronze Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 15
i have a jl w6 dvc 6 ohm sub i need help on wiring of sub and wiring of amp. how would i wire the sub? i connected wires from pos to other side of pos and same thing with the negatives is this the correct way to do it? and also how would i wire the subs to a audiobahn a8002t?????? this is the first time owning a dvc sub and @ 6 ohms, i need answer quick!!! much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 351
Go here and scroll down for your answer.http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/8-12W6_BDS.pdf

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
Your welcome!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
nice i am still new about this ohm load thing for amps would i be able to run it 1 channel with this sub? and if i bridged it wouldnt there be too much power going to it? the amp is audiobahn a8002t
thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
the amp is
200 X 2 at 4 Ohms Stereo
400 x 2 at 2 Ohms Stereo
800 x 1 at 4 Ohms Mono

Sub handles 300 RMS and since you only have one, you will have to run it at 3 ohms because the amp will not go to 12 ohms.All info is on the page I posted before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
is the 3 ohm load on that in 1 channel or bridged mode? and if i had another w6 would i be able to run both like that on the amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
Its 3 ohms no matter weather bridged or not. Just so you know that amp is only stable at 4 ohms when bridged to 800 watts. The three ohm load is a parallel wiring of the DVCs. "and if i had another w6 would i be able to run both like that on the amp? Yes, but the ohms would then be a 1.5 ohm load if you mean to still run parallel. If you run the two subs in series than that will present a 6 ohm load. You will have to have three of these subs to get a 4 ohm load wired in series and a 1 ohm load wired in parallel. All this info came from the page I posted before. Take a look at it. Lots of pictures and easy to understand. Sorry, sick of typing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
last question: the 300 rms of the dvc sub, is 300rms or 150rms in each voice coil or both voice coils? and is it safe to bridge the sub to that amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us