Hifonics

Username: Robo07

Post Number: 1
hey guys i'v been reading up on the hifonics amp and i plan on running to BXi1606D mono block hifonics amp...can anyone tell me if these are good amps, ok amps, or shitty amps thanks alot

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 793
hifonics are very good budget amps!!! but only expect to see about 80% of the rated rms

Post Number: 3
im gonna be running three L5 dual 4 ohm subs of two brutus amps how do u think that would do.

Post Number: 4
im gonna be running three L5 dual 4 ohm subs and wire it down to 2.65 omh of two brutus amps how do u think that would do.

Bronze Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 24
if u must have a hifonics amp get one that is rated for more than what u need.if u need 800w get a 1000w amp.....like he said they over rate their amps..its not bad that they over rate them its just a different marketing technique.....two companies can test an amp at 1300w....1 will call it 1000w amp and the other will call it 1500w amp...people will always say the company that called it a 1000w amp is better

Post Number: 5
but would it hurt if i ran two of those amps with the three subs?

Post Number: 6
or would i be able to run those three L5's of a KICKER ZX1500.1 mono block amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 794
that would be better

Post Number: 7
cuz i kno kicker under rates theri amps and its 1500 at 2 ohm's and the 2 L5's will be at2.65 or wut that comes out to be and im gonna have a 6 fard cap and o gauge wire do u think that amp will power those subs with out it cutting out or off???

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3346
don't get a cap., waste of money. get a ho alt.

Post Number: 8
i just read up on those high end alt. and i plan on getting a 200 or 250 one. i would still like a cap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 795
well lets start over...u went from wanting a budget amp to a high end kicker and a h/o alt and a cap......u dont need the cap and u should get an h/o alt.......how bout u give us a budget and we could get a better feel af what u could get

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4128
about the issue with 1000w rms amp that puts 1200w rms or 1500w rated amps put 1200w rms.

Sinful, the thing is efficiency. You can try a hifonics bxi 1206d and try a kicker zx 750.1 and you'll see some differences. Even if they put the same watts and are rated differently.

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 152
I have a hifonics bx1500d and it is a great amp. It is powering two treo tsx 15s and I have had nothing but good luck with it. It is also louder than most systems that I have heard. I like Hifonics for the money you get a lot of power.

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 64
I have a 1206d..It works for me...but if he is going to spend $500 get the XX-Zeus. Much better than th Brutus line
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3395
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us