QUESTION

Username: Tna16

Post Number: 1
I only have a 12v battery in my car n jus got some new audio stuff 2 1500 watt amps and 2 1500 watt subs...will my battery b able to handle it? if not what do i do to make it work?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 813
what kind of equipment is it....mainly the amps?...

Post Number: 2
uhm kicker subs and boss amps

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3341
post the rms of the amps, not the peak. but seeing thier boss their probably about 500wrms each?

Post Number: 3
well im in over my head so heres the link..http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15853

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3342
so depending what load thier wired at they'll do 800wrms at most at 2ohm. so what subs do you have? guessing the amps will be ran at 2ohm though so that makes it a total of 1600wrms from the two (if you see that much from them which i doubt). and do you have any other amps? you might be looking at needing to get a ho alt. cause that's a decent amount of power to be running off a stock alt., unless it's a nice size stock alt. so just post what subs you have and the size of your alt. and go from there.

Post Number: 4
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16854
those are the subs

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3343
first, you can use those amps with the subs but since the subs are dual 2ohm vc you wont be able to wire them to 2ohm and you'll be underpowering them alot. return the subs for the dual 4ohm vc ones' or better yet return the amps and get good ones. second, again you need to post the size of the alt. you have in your car. chances are you will have to shell out the money for a ho alt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us