Is this a good match? Please Help

Bronze Member
Username: Tallaballa

Lino Lakes, MN United States

Post Number: 29
Would a pair of type r alpine subs be a good match with a JBL audio amp here are the specs on the subs

Dual 4 ohm subs

Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Diaphragm Material
Nomex Spider Material
Peak Power Handling Capacity: 1500W
RMS Power Handling Capacity: 500W

And here are the specs on the JBL amp

Amplifier Type: Mono
RMS Power: 787W x 1 @ 4 Ohms
THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: <1
RMS Power: 1114W x 1 @ 2 Ohms
Speaker Level Inputs: Yes
Preamp Outputs: Yes
Built-In Crossovers: LP
Bass Boost: 0 - 12 dB
Frequency Response: 10-302 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB
Fuse Rating:n/a

Would this be a good match to put in my 1999 grand cherokee limited with stock deck and stock infinity speakers please info would be greatly aprecciated

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3317
no, you'll need to get dual 2ohm subs to use that amp.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3416
your subs wire to 4 ohms or 1 ohm...the amp seems to be 2 ohm stable so the only wiring possibility would be to wire to 4 ohms and give them 787rms...youd be underpoering them but it wouldnt damage them

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3417
like ct said...get the dual 2 instead of dual 4

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
aight thanks guys i think ill get the dual 2's i just got to make sure i buy that amp

But one quick ? if i buy the dual 2 ohm ones should i be lookin at amps with a 1000w RMS at 2 ohms or 4 ohms just curious can someone exlpain how they might be setup by a local car audio installer

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3319
look for an amp that'll do anywhere from 1000-1500wrms at 2ohm for the pair of r's. and what you mean how they might be set up from an installer? they'll know what to do. and definately port them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
aight sounds good i am goin to definately port them but do you thimk i should look for a diff amp and buy the dual 4 ohm and run them at 1 ohm or should i go for the amp i said and get these subs the only reason i mentioned this amp is because i could get a deal on it the guy wants 125 for the amp so idk should i get this or buy the other subs and look for a diff 1 ohms stable amp. oh and im thinikin of gettin a super bass pro box are they quality ported boxes that i could bump these in

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3320
either ones, dual 2 or 4ohm, doesn't matter so long as the amp you get will give them enough power at the right ohm load. and stay away from those proboxs', they suck really bad. either make one or have one made for you.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4122
judging by numbers, those subs (DVC 2 ohm) and that jbl gto1201.1 are a perfect match.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us