Amplifier is Shutting off?

Username: Whatitis

Post Number: 1
Hi! Ok im running 2 12 inch kicker L7s onto a 1200 watt kicker amp. Problem is that when te bass starts hitting really hard the amp shuts off and doesnt come back on for a good 3 minutes. I have a 200 am alt and a 3 farad cap. One other thing is that i was told that chevelotes have the worse battery ground connection could that possibly be the problem?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1898
No, Amp is going into protect mode. Probly cause that amp is 2 ohm stable and your 2 L7s are wired to 1 ohm. Check it out or post acuual specs of your amp and subs. If it was ground it would go out and stay out, or go out intermitenly. Not just when it hits.

Username: Whatitis

Post Number: 3
ok let me make my statement a lil more clearer as soon as the bass hits the amp shuts off, and i jus hooked my amp up to my friend 2 p3 punchs and it didnt shut off at all. Could it be that 1 of the speakers are blown or wired incorrectly?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1907
No, Amp is going into protect mode. Probly cause that amp is 2 ohm stable and your 2 L7s are wired to 1 ohm. Check it out or post acuual specs of your amp and subs.} If it was ground it would go out and stay out, or go out intermitenly. Not just when it hits.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us