Someone please help!!!

Username: Stewr

Blackpool, Lancs UK

Post Number: 1
Hello all. Im stew 25 from the UK... Looks like a good forum you have here with some very knowledged people...

Here's my problem:

I have recently Installed an Alpine v12, Alpine Bass 200 sub and some sony 6x9s in my car.. Although they are old they all work well and sound superb.

After approx 30 mins, the amplifier cuts out (only the sound). The green light stays on, but no sound is produced from the amp. If i turn the header unit of and turn it back on, the sound will come back on for a second then go off.. I have checked all my wiring and it seems ok. If there was something fundamental wring with the amp, I assume it wouldnt work at all....

My equipment is as follows:

Header Unit: Pioneer DEH-6400R
Amp: Alpine V12 MRV-250
Sub: Alpine Bass 200
6 x 9's: Sony

This was a system for my cousin for 2 years and he never had a problem with it... (only difference was he had a Kenwood header unit)..

Any advice would be greatful..

Regards

Stew

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5926
Sounds like your amp's gain/level control isn't set properly. Check the manual on Pioneer DEH-6400R and find out what the RCA output voltage is. Your cousin's Kenwood was probably 2v preout, and on your Pioneer, it could be 4v.
Look at the amp, and it'll have a control that'll say .2v - 8v. Therefore, if your headunit is 4v preout, then set the control approximately half way. It is not the most accurate way of setting it, but it shouldn't force your amp to shut down.
Good luck.

Username: Stewr

Blackpool, Lancs UK

Post Number: 2
it says...

Pre-out max: 2.2 V/1 kU

can you translate that for me :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us