Noob Needs Amp Help

Bronze Member
Username: Da_natural

Post Number: 13
I am looking to get new speakers and 2 12s. I asked for suggestions and was told to look into assasin subs and power them with a Kicker zx750.1.

I noticed this is a one channel amp.

Would it be better to get an amp with multiple channels to power everything through one amp or two amps, one for the subs and one for the speakers?

Also, if two amps is the suggestion will I have to make any power/electrical alterations because I definitely do not want to.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Foong_one

Post Number: 37
Ideally, it would be better to get two amps (one 4-channel, and one mono sub amp). Then you can use the 4-channel amp to power all 4 speakers, and use the mono amp to power your subs. But then, you MIGHT need to install another component: a capacitor (which'll cost more money, of course).

However, if you're on a budget, or not really an extreme audio-head, then you should be fine with a single 4-channel amp, which is what I have right now. Here, you can use channels 1&2 to power the front speakers, and bridge channels 3&4 to power your sub(s). I think this is loud enough for me, at least for now (until I have more $$$, of course). *lol*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us