Noob Question

Username: Da_natural

Post Number: 5
I understand that you need an amp to power your subs.

Why would you need an amp to power your smaller speakers? Is it common to have an amp pushing the smaller speakers?

I'm only asking cause I know a lot of cats with decent sounding street systems and they don't have any amp powering their smaller speakers.

I'm going to be putting sounds in my 2002 Nissan Altima and don't really know if it will make a big enough difference.

Thanks in advance

Username: Cgarza

Post Number: 2
I have three amps running my subs and tweeters. my bass hits to hard and with my alpine doesnt have enough power to hear my tweeters. youan have only one amp if you your bass isnt hitting hard so you can still ear the words. I hope this helps.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1163
if you just have a pair or 2 of some run-of-the-mill coaxials, and that's all you've ever really heard, then a basic head unit will have enough power to get them sounding pretty well.

But as Cgarza said - once you add a sub you need power to the other speakers to bring them up to an equal level.
Plus, once you hear a nice, amplified set of front speakers you'll realize all the detail and clarity you were missing from your basic coaxials getting 20w.

If you never turn it up -- then an amp probably wouldn't do much for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us