PPI DCX1000.1
Rockford Power T10001bd
Power ASA-1000.1D
MB Quart RAA1000

If you can think of more let me know remember 1000RMS 1ohm or 2ohm. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 766
Has anyone seen the POWERBASS ASA-1000.1D in action if so what was it pushing. And do you think it was pushing rated power.

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 254
there is always the old school audio art 100 h.c.
2 x 50W @ 4 ohms
2 x 235W @ 2 ohms
2 x 550W @ 1 ohm
1 x 1100W @ 1 ohm bridged

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4035
rockford, JL, audio art

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2461
memphis mcd1000 ... i love my amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 808
AUTOTEK MM1000.1D

Silver Member
Username: Brady_f

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 111
Rockford, JL, Kicker

Silver Member
Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 127
xtant x1001 2ohms = 1000 watts 1ohm = 1400 watts

Silver Member

Post Number: 828
CROSSFIRE XP1000D

Username: Justblomekthanx

Post Number: 1
MA AUDIO HK-1998 1200 watt amp with 3 30 amp fuses. Just beats the piss out of alot of other amps for less and its over built. Ive abused the hell out of this amp and added a 2 gauge kit to it. Better than any JL, MTX, Kenwood for the RMS range & price. What you need to do is check out the fuses and see how many there are and what # "15,20,25,30" Any mono block amp with 1 or 2 fuses is garbage and will not hit the RMS it says. 1 tip tho if you dont have a high end head unit with atleast 4v pre amps spend extra on the RCAs. Also dont get a cheap a install kit either. Not even a cap will help you if your install kit and pre amps are garbage.

Silver Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 132
You have to be joking to even compare a MA Audio Product to a JL or MTX product. MA Audio amps are junk best used for oversized paperweights thier output is rated at 18 volts on your typical install thier buddy. It wouldnt dream of using a MA Audio amp running off my Eclipse Deck. Very counter productive.

Post Number: 2
Dude every JL I had died an early death and MTX for the $$ you spend doesnt have the boom. You might wanna find a person who has a HK 1998 before you talk smack about them. I had a MTX TC8001 "good amp" but man the HK-1998 just ate it up for a little less. You might wanna look into it is all. For a someone wanting 1000 watts you just cant beat the price, specs, and thump of the HK-1998. Are there better amps? Hell yeah but youre gonna shell out 600.00+ for them. Or just get ripped off by a brand name amp with 1 30 amp fuse or 2 25 amp fuses. Any 50A amp will not, I repeat not push out more than 400 watts RMS.

Had a CD5000 and my Panasonic 9901 kills it as well and it was less. You dont even notice the pre amp voltage either 5v to 8v. You gotta stop buying labels and look at specs. I bet you think a mono amp with a single 25 amp fuse or 2 25's will out push a amp with 3 30 amp fuses lol. Get a clue slappy you're overpaying for labels. Except for that Eclipse anything above the 5000 is great but the add ons suck imho $$. Which is why I went with the Panasonic 9901.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 892
Helix Dark Blue 1000.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 4156
james, you're joking in some way right. JL performs better than Ma audio. Only quintin and you can say the opposite.

Ctmike, check this thread. This forum is a joke.

Post Number: 3
Dude im only saying for the cost, specs, and reliabilty you cant beat the MA 1998 HK. Might be the best amp MA makes too. JL's are great when they are new but after a while they start getting super hot n break down n die. I dont know anyone with a JL 1000 watt amp that hasnt had it cook up n die after 1 year. Also have you ever even had 1 or just spouting hater like opinions with no real input on the amp? Which I can understand I was the same way until I used it. Find another guy who runs the amp and see what he says. I bet its the same description of what I said. Probably word for word too. Its a great amp you can grab for 300.00 maybe less now, that will push its real rms ratings.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 139
memphis prd1000.1 great amp, only ~290 on woofersetc.com puts 1000rms to 1ohm load

Silver Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 133
That Xtant x1001 with LQF45 module installed will bury that MA crap. xtant will soung a hell of alot cleaner.

Post Number: 5
So how much better does it really "soung"? Have you even owned, heard, or seen the Hk1998 play? What did you have as RCAs and install set up? I always heard from people that the Xtant was a nice amp when working j/k. Its also alot more money but if you have a nice set up with a good alt, battery, 2 or 0 gauge kit with good RCA's you can plug in any amp and it will sound clean as hell. Im just 1 of those people who think JL is great until they break and had the Hk1998 shock the hell out of him. Had it for over year now and it sounds and works great. Also if/when some crackhead steals your kit losing that HK1998 wont hurt as bad. My personal favorite amp brand is MTX but im still waiting for this amp to die until I upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 412
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 11
"if you have a nice set up with a good alt, battery, 2 or 0 gauge kit with good RCA's you can plug in any amp and it will sound clean as hell"
-I've always bought cheep RCA's.. is there actually a difference in what RCA's you get?? I thought only competition systems require the fancy RCA's mainly just for the looks?

Bronze Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 12
And btw James, there is no way n hell any amp will sound just as good and clear by just having a good install setup. I want 2 see someone make a nitro amp or any other flee market base amp sound good quality to a JL audio. Just don't see it happening..

Silver Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 135
No good RCA do make a difference but they wont make a MA Audio have as clean sound as a high end amp. I'm glad your happy with your MA audio equipment but go around saying its as high quality as JL,Xtant,MTX etc.. If this was the case you would see alot more custom installs and shops offering MA Audio, I know if I owned a shop I would offer the best equipment I could at lowest possible prices.

Example I own Shop A I only sell Zapco,JL,Orion Amps. It cost my customers $4000 to come out of my garages slaminn and Sounding GOOD(Keyword Here).

Well Joe Shmoe owns Stereo Shop B he only Sells MA Audio,Audiobahn and Jensen Amps. Well his customers only spend $1500 to sound just as good while still hitting high db.

This just isn't realistic. Everybody and they MAMA would go to shop B. They get the same quality and good sound for way less. Company A would have to sell Lower quality products to keep up with the competition. Just think lower prices = more business. Companies do not benefit from selling higher quality products yeah they retail for more but guess what more investment. Dude get off of your high horse about MA Audio products. They are junk. There amps output is rated at 18 volts get that through your skull. How many people on this forum or do you know have an 18 volt charging system ? Very few most wont spend the $400 on a HO Alternator. I'm very happy you like your amp. Just think if you'd saved a lil more money how much happier you would have been.}}

Silver Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 136
This Kid is a moron or just hasnt heard the difference. Hey James lets post pics of super clean MA Audio install. Im thinking if you have super clean install you wouldnt have wasted your time/ $ with MA Audio. Im defiantly no pro here but I have learned my lesson about cheap products

Gold Member

Post Number: 4164
^^^nice posts. End of thread

Post Number: 6
Well why dont you just read what I said exactly "range & price" instead of thumping your chest about how bad the HK 1998 is. Its the 1 and only MA product ive ever had and it shocked me actually. Is MA a brand better than JL, MTX, Xtant "NO" but it will outlast a JL that I know cause Ive gone thru 2 JL 1000.1 before I gave up on them for an MTX. MTX is an awesome amp brand. Great reliabilty and sound all the bells n whistles but gonna cost ya about 600+ for over 1000 WATT RMS. I got the HK for a little under 300 after my MTX was stolen and I have zero complaints other than needing a 4 gauge fuse holder with a 4 gauge output. But when this bad boy dies ill be going back to MTX.

P.S. Of course im running a HO Alt, just who isnt now and why wouldnt anyone whos running over 1000 watt+ RMS? A HO Alt is probably the cheapest and best upgrade for anyone to do. A 400.00 +/- HO Alt is peanuts after you get your HU, subs, and amp. All you know it alls should know that. Man some of you guys are real ashholes.}

Gold Member

Post Number: 4165
if you're talking about budget/power, then you will hate JL audio.

If you're talking about quality, good service, then MA is not the way and JL is.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 260
Were actaully the nicest board you will come across overall. And there are tons of better amps than any ma audio product. mtx is a a decent brand but obviously you only know about the mainstream stuff.

Crossfire VR1000D=better
JL Audio 1000/1=better
Kicker ZX1000.1=better
PPI DCX1000.1=better
MB Quart RAA1000=better (and my reccomendation. I have one and have owned jbl 600.1, kicker 750.1, directed 1100d, some shitty old rf, and the mb quart has as many setting as all of them combined. WELL built and sound VERY clean.)

There also amps like ED Nine.1 that produced an underrated 900w at 2ohm, Massive audio 1500, 900w+ at 2ohm.

Sundown Audio also has a prototype 1000w amp due to come out fairly soon and if you pick it up and the intro pricing it will definately be sweet.

Post Number: 7
Yeah pretty much SG. I also didnt mean to imply that MA's are the greatest. I started out with JL and didnt have any luck with them. I dont think they are all that. They kept getting way too hot even after I upgraded everything possible. Then a buddy told me to go with MTX and I did like them just didnt get a real chance to enjoy it thanx to WPB's finest. What I didnt know was that some people really hate MA HK 1998 lol. Dunno why but screw it. Thanx for not being a jerk and ill have to be looking into that Massive. So far quite a few people have been talking about em.

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
Hahahaha.....He called the slash series 1000.1 when its actually 1000/1. Don't you think someone whose had two of them would know what its called? Better yet, someone who fried two of them would most definetly know what its called.I doubt he had any JL products because you can't go from JL to in love with MA. JMO!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4169
IDK if he forgot the model or not, but i don't understand why he thinks MA outperforms JL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
Thats my piont!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 14
"Any mono block amp with 1 or 2 fuses is garbage and will not hit the RMS it says"-James
haha James thats bull. one example is the kicker 1000.1, it has one 100 watt fuse thats not even on the amp its self. Multiply the fuses size times 12(unless you have an h/o alt.) and you can generally get the amps max.

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
I just about split my side laughing when I read this : "Is MA a brand better than JL, MTX, Xtant "NO" but it will outlast a JL" LL Thats hilarious.

I'll just give my opinion again, with a little addidion:Upload

Username: Kaimana

Post Number: 1
Well imo Ma Audio is really overlooked...i love my hk1998 and hk1997....but the dude asked for an amp that does 1000 rms...those amps only do like 600rms...

Username: Kaimana

Post Number: 5
nevermind i see he said at 2ohm....i dunno though...i swear on the book it came with it said 600watts rms at 2ohms....but every site i look at it says 1200watts rms at 2 ohms...

Silver Member

Post Number: 894
Alpine PDX 1000.1
Diamond D6 1000.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us