PPI A600 & TRI-WAY ? Good or Bad application

Username: Proflow

WA

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, Been working on my 01' Dodge Ram extra cab. It all started w/getting an ipod for x-mas that wouldnt connect to my factoury headunit. So I did the JVC HD deck & ipod adaptor . Did some 6 1/2 2 way Eclipse point source (sp8962) in the front doors powered by factory infinity system. Ive been messing around with the rear speakers . Currently have a 2-channel PPI A 600 amp, Orion xtr mid bass 6 1/2 400w rms @ 4ohm in the rear doors. These are ran off the deck rear rca's. Ive run these bridged (parallel). Didnt see much diff. Might have done wrong by not connecting the open speaker connections on the amp ? Just did 2pos & 2neg together, left then right side, leaving the other two speaker connections alone. I wish I could find a manual for this amp. Curently just hooked up reg. I was wondering about bridging & doing the try-y thing to a 10" JL DVC sub I have. (sub is 10w3-d4 dvc w3) Behind center console is the perfect place for it. Think this is enough amp? I also have a punch 160 4 channel thats bridgable that could drive that sub too, but dont wanna lose any more underseat space. I dunno, any thoughts ? Thanks in advance--Proflow

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9007
the a600.2 is not a tri mode amp. You can run it brodged at 4 ohms only so that would not work for your sub. That amp is one of the best ever made but it has to be matched to what it is powering properly. It does 150x2 @ 4ohms 300x2 @ 2ohms and 600x1 @ 4ohms mono.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4189
I agree with James here

One of the best amps you will ever find.

I have mine powering my CDT HD62 2 way comps upfront and its a beautifull thing. I will never sell mine.

I have 2 of them :-)

Buckley, WA King

Post Number: 2
OK, I'll use the PPI for the mid bass speakers in the rear doors only. They are 4ohm. They say 400rms ea. So run this amp @ 2ohm bridged, or 4 ohm ?

Buckley, WA King

Post Number: 3
Oh yey, I'll be doing that sub off the Rockford 160 too. If that helps any. Thanks--Proflow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us