Knukoncepts distrib. blocks/spkr wiring/ amp setup questions

Username: Us1

Post Number: 8
All rolled into 1 thread.

Distrib blocks, Are they solid brass and plated, or just plated steel?
The $6 price for their distr. block compared to the $40 price from Monster for what looks like the exact same thing seems abit extreme. A good product?

12 or 16 AWG wire for speakers fed by 75w/channel amp. I'm looking at their Karma line which is tinned.

Planning on 12 AWG for the 2) 150W subs

What is the best method for the input gain level setup? I've read about using a CD with the tones and a DMM and setting to the required voltage from my JL instructions, but my JL service guys says they go by ear as the HU input voltage varies and the cd method is not always accurate. I think seeing the actual numbers on a meter are better than listening since I'm new to this. I see Crutchfield sells the disc, do local music stores carry this?

Thanks,
Jerry

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 143
Hmm, I guess it depends on the distribustion block. I some are prolly just plated, others maybe the real deal holly field. I wouldnt suggest blowing you wad on a distribution block, but I wouldt bbuy a 6 $$ either.

As far as setting gain, prolly the best method would be to use an O-scope, then the DVOM. Many people are big fans of goin by ear, but cha gotta know what your looking for ! I dont think the local CD store would carry something like this, but I would not waste your money on a test CD anyways.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 794
The D-Blocks are hardened steel, plated with black chrome. And yes KnuKonceptz is good quality. I would just get 12AWG for both amps speaker wire.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 930
I wouldn't buy any of their battery terminals,I bought 2 and they didn't even clamp down tight enough onto the post and slipped right off so I don't even use them.The wire and ring terminals are good though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us