Amp Protection Mode Kicks In

Username: Streetskater

Post Number: 1
I have 2 amps in my system one for my subs and one for my car speakers, everything works perfect, until i turn on my head lights then my speakers inside the car completely cut out and my amp for the in-car speakers goes into protection mode, but my other amp keeps on powering my subs and sound comes out of those. So why is it when i turn on my headlights my one amp wont work but the other will.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 211
You obviously have something miswired. Your lights should never intervene with your radio!!

Post Number: 2
that's what i thought, but i had already had an old amp in there, and it worked perfectly fine with or without lights, and i'm still using the same head unit so i havent changed anything since then, i just put the new amp in its spot, i dont know how to explain that, would it be something from the headlight/parking light switch touching a speaker wire that could do it, cause my front left speaker is pretty close to the switch

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 92
Maybe something plugged onto the fuse box. Ive known people to have similar problems by doings things iffy in that dept. Lights, heater, blinkers, etc. . .. .

Uhhh, the new amp you put in , about the same power as the other one , or much bigger? And did you by any chance hook it to a different place? Running off a Disturibution block ?

Post Number: 3
i never moved the wires from where they were they were in my amp box sticking out of the holes, i have drilled,and today i guess im gonna take a look at the parking light circuit, cause im about 90% sure thats the culpriate

Post Number: 4
i unplugged my parking light/side light/license plate light fuse and my lights will now turn on without radio interference, but im not qutie sure where to look from there, if anyone has any suggestions itd be greatly appreciated

Post Number: 6
well i have narrowed down the amp troubles to being something ground related, when my lights are off i have 12.1-12.7 mV going to the amps and they work perfect, then when i do turn on my parking lights there is 40-44.7 mV which kicks my amp protector mode on, but i dont think it should because that small of a change could in no way damage an amp, so what should i do?

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1447
I dont feel like thinking, otherwise I would help. :-) :-(

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 431
How big of amps are these. What gauge Wire do you have running to them? and What kind of car is all this in?

Post Number: 7
i got 10 guage wire running and i only have 1000 watts as of now, but its good now i got everything fixed, my right rear speaker was being all crazy, so i just bought new speakers for the back and ran them straight to my amp, so its all good now, thanks everyone for all the help, it was greatly appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Ajr

West Midlands, Dudly United kingdom

Post Number: 50
... 10 gauge wire on 1000 watt isnt that good Try gettin 4 gauge wire and you do have a AGU fuse ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us