HELP PLEASE

Bronze Member
Username: Tt086

Post Number: 14
how can i tell if the amp i chose will give the subwoofer all the power it says its worth? its max it says is at 2 ohms so does that mean i have to have subs that are 2 ohms 2???

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 55
No, thats not what it means, however, if you want to utlize the amps full potential, you need to give it a 2 Ohm load by what ever means necessary. You can have 2- 4Ohms subs wired in parrallel, 1- 2ohm sub, or 2-1 Ohm subs in series. Help you out any ?

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1419
I m guessingthat you see that your amp is adertising that it can push out more power at 2 ohms verses 4 ohms, right?

The anser is NO. You dont have to get 2 ohm speakers to get the most out of the amp. You need to get the TOTAL combined resistence to be at 2 ohms.

So you can either get a DVC 4 ohm sub and wire it in parallel to get 2 ohms.

You can also get a DVC 1 ohm sub and wire it in series to get 2 ohm.

You can also get a single VC 2 ohm sub and wire it regularly. :-)

You can also get 2 ohms by using multiple drivers that end up at 2 ohms when you wire them accordingly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok well i was going to hoom up a Boss Audio GT1500D amp to a Kicker 06CVX12-4 sub would this work?..with two of these subs and two of these amps?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i can either get 2 or for ohm subwoofers the amp says its maxx is at 2 so which ones?

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 56
Using what's listed above, yes, it would work, but you'd be running the amp at 4 Ohm, which will not maximize the potential. I would go with 2-4 Ohm sub hooked in parallel, or you can do just 1-2ohm sub by itself if one is availible. Those are the choices mate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us