Four interior speaker w/ only 2 channels left. What to do witht them??

Username: Kholla

Post Number: 10
Hey guys, here's my thing. I have a four channel 600w Jensen Amp. I have a 1000w 12" sub (no name brand) bridged on that amp. Im buying two 40rms kenwoods for the front doors. I already have two of the same kenwoods in the rear deck. What do you guys suggest I do with the remaining two channels from the amp? Im wondering if I should connect the two front speakers to them, or the two rear speakers to it. Or maybe connect all four speakers someway, but I thought that'll take power away form the sub?? The sub sounds very good, but Im guessing that 600w (peak i think) isnt enough power for a 1000w amp. Is there a way to bridge all four channels to the one sub for its maximun power? Or should I leave the interior speakers alone? I will eventually buy two good amps, but cant afford it right now. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
With only the current sub being bridged on two channels, will using the other two channels tale power away from the sub? Doing a little research about "series/parallel wiring", I read
"(SERIES) The most common reason for wanting to raise impedance is to lower acoustical output, as in the case of rear-fill or center-channel speakers. (PARALLEL)The most common reason for wanting to lower impedance is to raise acoustical output."
Does this mean that I should wire my rear speakers series and the front parallel? Also again, will using the other two channels steal poer from the bridged channels? The interior speakers are all 4ohms. Thanks again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
here are the ratings
Kenwood
Two rear speakers- 240/40 rms
Two front speakers 240/40 rms

Sub 12" (no name!!)
1000watt, doesnt say rms

Amp
Output Power at 4 ohms: 4 x 150 watts peak
4 x 75 RMS