Static and alternator whine

Username: Jetter

Post Number: 1
hey whats up guys alright i have an 07 silvarado with two kicker tens a niche 3000d monoblock amp for the subs a niche 880e four channel amp for my door and A-pillar speakers those speakers are all memphis m class components in the doors and coaxials in the pillars also im running a kinnetik battery in the cab also ok power wire comes in on the driver side to the battery under the driver seat from there bridges off acrossed the transmission hump and two the door amp under the passenger seat other wire goesto the center of the cab to my sub amp mounted on the wall all grounds are drilled into the body with the paint removed and the longest ground wire i have is 14 inches all grounds are 4 gauge along with power my rca's run from my reciever acrossed the underside of the dash along with the speaker wires to the passenger side the closest my rca's and power get it the distance from one side of the amp to the other i have bad static with the engine off and my subs will vibrate with volume at zero static is also heard at zero in the other speakers all my audio components are new and professionally installed i think it may be an rca problem i have tried hooking up another reciever and the same noise occured i have also checked the wires behind the head unit to make sure power and rca doesnt cross and connections are tight and clean i did have my system installed by an audio shop in arizona called kustom kar sound and they did a disgrase on the wiring they left the battery loose wedged behind the passenger seat and the amps wedged together i took it to WIRED UP in southern california and they said its most likely my amps now i was with them when they spent 8 hours re wiring my truck helping out and we just could not get rid of the noise i also get a voltage spike to my subs when the amplifier turns off and they hit pretty hard when the power is shut off if you can help and have read this much thankyou for your time other than that when its turned up im happy its when i want it quite i get annoyed

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1758
Try grounding both amps to a single ground. You may have a ground loop. Also, bat to ground connections under the hood?, and engine to chassis cround strap.?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us