Bi-amp a PPI PCX-4125

Username: Pulse_gto

Post Number: 3
So far I have the PPI 4125, a set of Boston Pro 60 components, a 500/1 and a 12w3v2. For now this will have to run off of the Factory head unit (the Blaujunk that comes factory in a GTO) as I cannot find an aftermarket head unit that has a 4v output with a wired remote input (so I can keep the steering wheel controls) that I like. If an Alpine 9833 had that option, I'd be all over it. My brother has a 9861, but it does a whole bunch of stuff I don't need.

So back to my original question. I have these two amps, and looking through the instructions of the Bostons, I cannot really understand how to bi-amp these. I've never done this before, and I heard that they would sond better if I wired them in that way. Can the PPI be wired to do it? How would the wired have to be ran? If I bi-amp will the rear channels have to be used as well? If I don;t have to use the rear channels to bi-amp I can use them for the sub, and that would make my installation easier.

Thanks

Matt

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1760
Multi Channels
Bridgable Bridgable
RMS Power at 4 Ohms 125 W x 4
RMS Power at 2 Ohms 250 W x 4

6-3/4" copolymer woofers, 1" Type-M2 anodized alloy tweeters, 2-way crossovers, can be installed as coaxial speakers,
frequency response 50-22,000 Hz,
power range 2-125 watts RMS
Component, Tweeter, Main Speaker
Car Speaker Size4"
Nominal Power 125 W
Number of Drivers 2-way Passive or PoweredPassive SpeakerMaterialPoly/Plastic

Ok, I would connect eash set to each channel. That still leaves two channel open at 125 At 4 or 250 at 2. If the subs a D4, run channel 3 and 4 onto each coil.

Anyone else.

Bi-amping is when you use one amp to power the misds, and another amp to power the tweets. If you only have one amp????

Upload

Source: http://sound.westhost.com/bi-amp.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us