Amp or Sub more important?

Username: Kholla

Post Number: 6
Hey guys,
like the subject reads, Im asking which means more to a system, the amp or speaker? My cousin "gave" me his old system, a 600 watt jensen amp, and some no name brand 1000watt 12" sub. It plays very good. One time I hooked the amp from my sarround sound, from my house, to the sub and it beat like hell!!! Will upgrading my car amp to the same sub do this? Im not sure how powerfull my sarround sound amp is. Also, my current amp is 4 channels, I have 4 speakers inside the car plus the amp, currently only the sub hooked to the amp. Should I buy 1 sick amp for the sub, and hook up the Jensen to the interior speakers??? THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2915
well jensen pretty much sucks as_s, so i would try to get rid of it. and what kind of sub do you have? as far as which matters most, amp or sub, i'd say both matters the same.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 196
You need to find out how many channels the Jensen has, if not, more than likely you will blow your interior speakers. With the sub, you need to find out if it's an SVC, or DVC, and also how many watts RMS is it pushing.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3910
my suggestion is to get a new system. But start with ^^^^^^^suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us