Blew fuse, now protection mode

Username: Kholla

Post Number: 1
Hi guys.
this is my first time posting here.... Im having a problem with my amp. I put in an old Jensen 600w amp into my 95 c280. It was working great, until one time it got wet, not soaking wet. It blew the fuse thats in the power cord. I replaced it, and now the amp plays, but when a "loud" or "high" beat bumps, it cuts off for a few seconds then comes back on. When it cuts off, the "protection" light comes on. I disconnected the amp when it got wet, and Im pretty sure I put it back in correctly. When I disconnect the sub, it doesnt go into protection mode. If anyone can tell me if its a problem that can be easily fixed, or not, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post Number: 2
Also, could it be the subs that's messed up? I thinking maybe I can connect one of my rear speakers (some expensive Clarions) to see if they play right, or also cause the amp to go into protection mode.....what do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3902
I think you're running your amp at lower loads. What's the voice coil config of your subs??

Post Number: 4
Voice coil config??? I have no idea. But I got it to work, it looks like I re-connected the speaker wire fromt he sub to the amp wrong. There's two Cs, and two Ds, and I had them in the wrong C and D... :-(
But thanks anyway man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us