Wiring harness for pioneer

Username: Tuffy3

Pensacola, Fl.

Post Number: 2
I need help with my wiring harness I ordered from Circuit City did'nt have the tabs. Indicating what wires are for what speakers, I have a 99'GMC sierra ext cab. My head unit is a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP, just want to get this done. Speakers I'm installing in my doors are Diamonds 6 1/2, my back speakers are Infinity Kappas 4x6's, and under my back seat. I will have my sub box from subthump with 10 inch Infinity Kappas 10.1D's. Please any help would be appreciated, I've called Circuit City and as well as others places. No one seems to know what wires are for what.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 359
The wiring diagram for your truck is here.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 360
You shouldn't need to mess with the wiring from your vehicle though. Your install manual has all the wire colors for your deck, and you can also look up the manual on the Pioneer website (you'll have to register but it's free). Here's the basic rundown of the wire colors from the 7700 harnes that will need to be spliced together with the aftermarket harnes that matches your vehicle that you should have gotten sepa}rately from Crutchfield, then that will plug into the stock wire harness from your vehicle unless it's already been removed, then you'll need the diagram I linked above.

Pioneer DEH-P7700mp:

Blue/White - Amp Turn on
Yellow/Black - Cell Phone Mute
Yellow - Constant 12V Power
Red - Switched 12V Power (ignition)
Orange/White - Illumination
Black - Ground
White - Left Front Speaker (+)
White/Black - Left Front Speaker (-)
Gray - Right Front Speaker (+)
Gray/Black - Right Front Speaker (-)
(you won't ever use the sub wires since you'll almost certainly run a seperate amp for the subs but the colors are)
Green - Sub (+)
Green/Black - Sub (-)
Violet - Sub (+)
Violet/Black - Sub (-)

Username: Tuffy3

Pensacola, Fl.

Post Number: 5
Thanks Darek, well I have replaced the wiring in my truck. Did'nt want to use the factory wires, figure better wires for better sound quality. Since I wanted to put subs in I figure do it the right way. So I'm replacing all the wiring and carpet too, well the wiring is ready. Just needed to know what wires went for what speakers. The amp for my front speakers, I'll be mounting on the back wall. Behind the seat, my sub amp will be on my subbox under the seat. Subthump mads a cut out for my amp fits great. Thanks again for the info maybe this will work. I'll be adding picks of my system step by step. That way anyone out there, that has a 99' GMC or Chevy P/U might use my system as a reference. To help with what they might want to do...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us