Car amplifier turns off after about 25 minutes

Username: Saxodk6

Leicestershire, United Kingdom United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
after about 25 minutes it just turns off i think it goes into protection the red light comes on but cannot get the amp to come back on unless i leave the car for a while then it works for a bit again and turns off? I have tried turning the gain down it is nearly on minimum now but still not solving the problem? Does anybody have any ideas how to fix it or how i can go about getting it fixed by someone? Help!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2596
you probly have your subs wired to to low of a ohm load for the amp

Post Number: 2
I do not have any subs wired to it? only 2 6x9 speakers into a 4 channel amp bridged to a 2 channel?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8624
you have 2 6x9's bridged? or wired stereo to 2 channels? how do you have it wired? and what amp is it?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1830
Does the amp get really hot? I used to have an old amp that was under my driver seat and it would overheat because of lack of air movement. You might need to move it to a better ventilated area.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1589
Well, if you have 2 4ohm 6x9s wired to it, then thats a 2 ohm load. Most amps run 4 or 8 ohms when bridged. What amp is it? And why dont you just wire each speaker to a separate channel?

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1834
I think his impedance should be fine as long as he has it wired correctly. It's a 4 channel, bridged to 2 channels, each channel should be safe @ 4 ohms bridged. Those should be 4 ohm 6x9's.

Post Number: 3
It says its a Wandeli V12 1000W DC straight 4 channel amp. and it is in the boot screwed to the back of the back seats so theres no more ventilated area really? i think it maybe because its overheating but do not know what to do to stop this? the speakers are 4 ohm. if i wired them to separate channels then i would not be using the whole of the amp would i and so will not have as much power.

Post Number: 4
click onto this site it is the exact amp i have.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-1000-WATT-LITMITED-EDITION-CAR-AMP-AMPLIFIER-V12-BK_W0 QQitemZ330069940342QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1837
Why does a 4 channel class A/B amp like that have a "super bass" switch?! lol

Please don't tell me you have that switched on?

Post Number: 5
no i still have all them settings set to the middle as default. but am also not sure about best settings for the dials on the front LPF and HPF? not sure what they do?

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1838
LPF = Low Pass Filter
HPF = High Pass Filter

Your high pass filter should be turned on for both 6x9s. And I just notice that your amp doesn't have a nob to set the crossover frequency cutoff. Strange to say the least. Anyway the HPF is probably factory set to somewhere around 80-100hz. Hopefully anyway.

Post Number: 6
it has a crossover frequency setting on the side next to setting the bass and treble
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us