Whats the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 658
I have an Audioburn amp just temporarily and today it just stopped playing outta the blue. I didn't even have the volume up loud. I think its fried. Ok I check everything, the remote wire, the fuses(in-line and on the amp), ground, everything. All the connections are perfect and normal, but no response from the amp. What's going on? The only abnormal thing that I saw was some kinda of grease or oil, some real oily liquid had seem to leak out of the amp. It left the area around the amp on the carpet black...I'll take pics later of it to show. Any help would be appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Orion 1200D For Sale, Hit me up

Post Number: 4052
I do not know.lol You have some seriuos bad luck man

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
lol, tell me about it! I'm going to try not to buy used anymore! If I do, it has to be BARELY used!

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1327
The grease and/or oil may be a leakey capacitor.

Your problem may due to icorrect wiring. What type of voice coil configuration do you have and how did you wire it? You may have a resistence that is too low for the amp.

Last but not least, you may have a problem inside the amp, such as a loose connection and probably caused a short which burned out somethin.

First check your ohm resistence load. If that isnt the problem, then have your amp looked at at an authorized audiobahn dealer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 662
Ok according to the amp it is 1 ohm stable bridged mono. My subs are dual 4 ohm, and I have them wired to 1 ohm. So I still don't understand why that would have happened?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8596
man that sucks:-( audiobahn uses cheap components inside their amps so that would be a good reason why it happened. There is a reason why some amp companies can afford to sell amps so cheap, it's because they build them sooo cheap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us