Nice Setup but how do I go about this...Please Help

Username: Deathbeforedawn

Post Number: 1
I have Recently Purchased a Setup but i have never installed anything like this before.
The setup Consists of
1 Pioneer Premier Cd Player (DEH-P920R)
1 Pioneer 12 Disc Changer (CDX-P1250)
2 MB Quart's Q-Line QSD213 5-1/4 Speakers
2 MB Quart's Q-Line QSD216 6-3/4 Speakers
2 MB Quart's QM 218.61 Q 2 Way Crossovers
1 Rockford Fosgate Punch 800 a4
1 Rockford Fosgate Punch 800 a2
1 Stinger HPM Series 1 farad Capacitor

I Plan on Purchasing 2 1000 Watt subs and Building a box to fit my trunk

The only problem is i have no audio instalation experience Could you please tell me how i would bring this all together to work?

Post Number: 2
Ive been Reading Around on the site and i was also wandering if im gonna have to upgrade my alternator?? I am putting this in a 2004 Tiburon GT, If thats any help. Thanks!

Username: Djrob_1

Post Number: 9
nice setup how much that cost you?

Username: Djrob_1

Post Number: 10
its hard to explain how to install without being there. Where are you going to install your amps and what subs are you buying.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1476
go to cruthfield.com, they have video tutorials on how to install an amplifier and some other videos on Do It Yourself(ers). IMO, the hardest and most time consuming thing to do is running wires, not really hard just lazy to do it really.

Before you start installation, disconnect your ground wire on your battery. Important.

Headunit:
You will need a stereo wire harness to attach your new headunit to your stock oem stereo harness. The wire harness will come in a bag and theres instructions on the bag telling you what wire does what. If it says power then look for power on your NEW stereo wire harness, the one that comes with the stereo and connect them and do the rest of the wires like that. You do not need to connect the wires for the speakers since your going to use amps to power them. You will need a 4 channel rca wire and a 2 channel or 1 channel rca wire for your subwoofer. Connect those rca wires accordingly to your headunit. Now, theres a blue wire from your new stereo called remote, run that along with your rca wires to the back of your car to your amps. Make sure you know which rca wires is which. (such as which one controls your front speakers, rear speakers, and subwoofers)

*note: Run your rca wires and remote wire opposite side from your power wire. Also run these wires under your carpet nearest to your doors where the carpet ends just so you can get an image of what I'm talking about.

Amplifier:
Depending on how much power you are going to run will determine what wire size you will need (power wire as well as ground). This will also determine how big of a fuse you will need.

You will need an inline fuse, anl inline fuse holder is nice. Install the fuse at a MAXIMUM of 18inches away from your battery, could be closer if you want, I would do around 12inches. Find the firewall in your car and run the power wire through this hole. Remember do not run this wire next to your rca wires. So if you ran your rca wires on the driver side, run the power wire on your passenger side. Run it through your car how you did the rca wires under the carpet. Your going to need a power/fuse distribution block. Since your running two amps you will need a distribution block that accepts 1 power in and 2 power out.

Grounding amp. a short wire to the body of your car (ground) is best, between 1 or 2 feet is good. Short as possible. When grounding the amp to your car chassis, make sure you sand down the paint to the point where you can see bare metal. You can maily see a video on how to install an amp on cruthfield.com so go there for a video demonstration.

As far as installing your subs and such, your going to need two dual 4ohm subs and wire them to a 4ohm load with that amp that you stated you had. It puts out 9xx rms at 4ohms bridged. I don't think it goes any lower than that. We'll give you more help when you decide what subwoofers you want and such at a later time.

Door Speakers:
Sorry I'm feeling to lazy to get to this part. Its kind of relatively easy. Mainly its probaly like channel 1 speaker terminal to your front left, channel 2 speaker t. to your front right. Ch 3 to rear left and ch4 to rear right. Just wire. If your confused on anything than just say so. Also I'm not sure if I left anything out, I'm tired. Peace.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1477
also you don't need a new alternator running that amount of power. you should be fine. But I may be wrong bc your car could of came with some small/weak alternator. Install your sound system and see if you get any major voltage drop. Also when you finally get everything installed. Ask us how to set your settings on your amplifier as well as headunit. Or get a friend who knows how to do it for you. But mainly theres a thread about how to set your gain right and stuff. Theres still some more to learn so w/e question you have is better so I know what to answer, or anyone else.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Berny, I am Installing the system this weekend and thats some useful advice. The System only Cost me $600. The guy needed money and I got the system of him dirt cheap. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1491
To be safe, just in case! when running your wire, don't hook up your postive from your battery just yet, once you have the wire runned (power wire) then hook up the positive, although you should still have the negative from your battery off! always keep it off until you finish everything. Also you should know not to let your power wire touch any metal on your car! If your confused about anything just ask.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 383
I thought you said you were tired!

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1493
I was just lazy to go into more detail because he might just get confused. but I was tired and couldn't think of a right way to really say it. but mainly, just lazy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
Oh, I see. Well you can go into more detail if I ask a question. I'll learn it just so I can understand your answer, within reason of course.

Random Art:
Upload

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1494
that was my longest post evaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr.

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
I can see that, as I haven't seen any posts longer than that from you. Mine aren't too long, but I have a feeling they'll get longer!

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1495
True. If my post is long, its mainly because I hate writing and I say more than I should have to :D.

Post Number: 4
Would I be Better of Paying a professional to install all this, because i would like to make sure its all done right and make sure i get the most power out of everything.
On Another note has anyone heard of ghg subs? My Friend has 2 10" 1000 Watt Subs but ive never heard of the brand.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1516
Install it yourself. We will help. If you have the confidence and maybe some mechanical experience or some type of experience with taking things apart and putting them back together or hooking up home surround sound systems or w/e then you should be A-OK. With that amp, you need two 500rms subs dual 4ohm voice coils. or you can get one 1000rms sub dual 2ohm. If I were you, I would go with two alpine type R's. 1 Fi Q 15, or a MMATS p3.0 15. Theres some other subwoofers out there. Tell us if you want it to sound clean, or just sound really loud, or both. Anyways, install everything yourself and make sure to check back and ask frequent questions. Make sure you check out those vids on cruthfield.com .

Post Number: 5
I would Like it to be clean and loud. Would The Two 1000 Watt subs be to much for the amp? And Thanks a lot for all your help.

Username: Damianleo

KEMPTON PARK, GAUTENG SOUTH AFRICA

Post Number: 1
its always more fun and its better installing it yourself.i have friends who have these realy great installs,but hearing that they got someone to do it for them,some how ,in my opinion defeats the object.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us