2 kicker S15L7's and 2500.1 kicker mono amp.. Good Deal?????

Username: Robbie5636028

Post Number: 3
I recently purchased 2 kicker s15l7's and a 2500 watt kicker amp. i paid 1,036 from a local stereo place. is that a good deal and with that much power do i need to upgrade the stock electrical system. also leave feed back on how you would rate these....

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 194
uhmm decent price not bad really. as far as SPL goes, the box has a lot to do with it, and im not a big fan of the square kicker subs as they retain poor SQ. and yes your probably need 220 or so amp HO alt. and 0 ga wiring to be safe. good luck and have fun with your subs
PS build a ported box those L7's have the ability to move some air

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2776
1) if bought brand new at dealer with warranty i say it's a good deal.

2) yes you will need to have an upgraded charging system for that.

3) as far as feedback, i personally would never buy the l7's. they get loud for the money but that's it. imo piece of shi_t subs. the amp though is good, kicker makes really good underrated amps.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 195
^^^ x2 kicker amps are excellent

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1456
You will need a HO alternator about 220amps or higher if you wish. Two batteries would be good enough. both the same name brand batteries, different sizes is acceptable. I would go with a kinetik 800 or 1400 in the front and a 2400 in the trunk. Or a optima red top in the front and a odyssey 2150 in the back. Your looking at no more than 1000 for electrical upgrades. I wouldn't install your system until you do these electrical upgrades. You can install it, but don't play it at max power, maybe 1/4ths or 1/2 power.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3780
another question is, the subs are dual 2 ohm right?

If they're new the price is right, if i were you, i'd sell those subs locally with a box for 500$ or something like that(rip off) and then grab a fi BTL and you're done.

Post Number: 5
yes the subs are 2ohm. and also is it possible to just put two batteries in the back and run the power and ground to the chassis without connected to the alt?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1472
+ front to back batteries, do not run from alt to back batteries. and ground batts to chassis. I would connect the negatives on the back batteries together as well.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3109
robbie, yes its possible but it wouldnt last long. You need ur alt to charge ur batts.

Post Number: 7
so, the way berny said it,, its not running off the alt?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1090
it'll run, but if you blast it non-stop you're going to make quick work of your alternator and battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us