Digital /amps, the non-smiley version!

Username: Themathguy

Post Number: 9
In the small footprint game, it seems reasonable to do a digital amp. How does the Alpine PDX line stack up against more traditional analog amps? And does anyone else make a comparable amp? (think $500 budget, 4 channel)

Please no more smileys!

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 285
Ok ok I'll quit...sorry

Also, I don't know the answer!
What took you so long anyway?

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 286
Also, I'm now on my Pentium III 733mhz comp and the smileys don't seem to affect it...

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1799
How much power do you need and at what ohms? Then we can start to help you.

Username: Themathguy

Post Number: 10
I don't need much power, just enough to make ordinary door speakers sound good. The limiting factor is size. I'd like to be able to stow it under the seat in a Tundra. After takin' to a shop, I realized that even a fairly standard length ARC Audio XK 4050 series amp wasn't going to fit. The fella there had an alpine 4x40 that would fit, but he complained that it wouldn't be easy to transverse mount it under a seat (that way the wires wouldn't be kicked when people sat in the back). The he mentioned the Alpine PDX series 4.150. Admittedly, through the dealership it would be out of my price range, but ordered from the internet and installed through the dealer would end up at about $500 . . .

4 Ohms on the speakers.

Anyway, I hope that clears up any issues.

I'd probably be hooking this to a pioneer premier 680 or eclipse CD3000.

Later on down the road, I'll probably be looking at some smaller woofers (a stealth solution) that would get it's own amp. (maybe a PDX 2.150)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2521
the alpines are good amps. kicker also make digital amps but they cost even more. buy it online and dont go to a shop a amp is easy to install we can walk you threw it here, or people on "j designs.info"(no space) would be glad to help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us