Need Sound Advice....

Bronze Member
Username: Esonurchess

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 35
BACKGROUNG
I'm putting together a system in my 92 Caprice. I have 2 DD 9515f 4 ohm DVC subs. I have 2 sets of Cadence 6.5 componets, a DD CA4 amp for my highs and mids.

??
Now here's the question. I have a change to get my hands on 2 Orion HCCA 2150 amps for about $400 each. They have never been opend and work fine. I also have my eyes on the updated DD Audio Z1 that's going to be released mid Jan. Now should i spend the extra money and wait on the Z1 or should i get the 2 Orions, strap them together and call it a day.

POWER
i have a 200 amp alt. and i've upgrades the 'Big 3" and will be running 0 gauge wires throughout. I've got a Blue Top Optima and get get my hands on another 2 or 3 if needed. I got a 1 farad cap for the CA4.

Bronze Member
Username: Dddd

Fayettville, Tennessee Lincoln

Post Number: 15
you may know,but i just learnt this lesson.Make sure the amps you get are 1 ohm stable if your subs are wired paralell.As far as your subs themselves the oes you have,and the ones you want are both great subs.Maybe this will help.

Bronze Member
Username: Esonurchess

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 36
i was told both are 1 ohm stable. i think the Orions can go even lower but I'm not looking to go lower than 1 ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us