Best 4 channel amps

Username: Dadummy

Post Number: 5
ok, my ppi ax400 took a dump. I am not looking forward to buying an amp off of fleabay. I would like a new amp with a warranty. I am looking for some thing around 4x 100-150 watts @ 4 ohms.

Who makes amps these days that sound crisp and clean? I don't care how f'n loud the bass is, when the mids and highs are not clean, it's just not worth listening too.

thanks for your time

Username: Johnson95901

Post Number: 2
american legacy makes a great 4ch amp any watt u can ask for if i was u i would look for the LA638 model i know you said u dont want to use ebay but they have them with warranty up to 2 years they come with high pass wires and bass boast remote max output 4x250W

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1432
whats your budget for the 4 channel amp?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2766
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3403

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3745

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=406

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2379

Post Number: 3
i spent 95$ on a 1600w legacy 4ch model LA838 with 2 year warranty brand new 2006 model

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2767
yeah but thats american legacy, he said the 'best' 4 channel amp. legacy is FAR from the best, probably down their near the bottom.

Post Number: 4
thats your choice legacy been around just as long as every one else if not longer its hits hard in my truck with my boston G2-10s

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8334
good Jeff I am glad you like it but legacy is unreliable overrated pure CRAP!!!!!hook up a good amp to your bostons and you will see the difference. look into arc audio,zapco,JL audio, and sinfoni if you are feeling $$$$$$ brave:-)

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8335
bump

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2768
hahaha, don't think he's coming back to brag up his american crap amp anymore!

Post Number: 6
Im not going to resopnd to your ingorance, I like my truck just the way it is. maybe your truck or car can sound as good mine one day. Late

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1440
lmao. messed up. anyways, your car is your car, your system is your system, if you like it, fine! Everyones system is different. As long as your happy thats all that matters, but please don't say "maybe your truck or car can sound as good mine one day" thats just going to cause some h3ll.

Post Number: 6
my budget is $95.00 J/K. I am using an old Jensen amp right now, so I'll have to pass on the Legacy, thanks anyway.
Ctmike, thanks for the links, When I asked for best, I should have said a good sounding amp for under $600. I was looking at the reference but the power rating drops when the amp is run in 2 ohms.
Heck , I can even two 2 channel amps.

Just looking for a decent amp, that sounds good for a decent price

thanks for your help

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8342
for $600 your options are vast, I would look into zapco personally. how about jl audio?

Hey Jeff it is not ignorance when I know for a fact that your amp is garbage!! it isnt my opinion it is proven to be overrated unreliable CRAP! as far as your system sounding better then mine! I invite you to come sit in my truck and see for yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 143
Nakamichi PA2004...........SQ=unbelieveable

4X100 WATTS @ 4 OHM
* 4X200 WATTS @ 2 OHM
* SENSITIVITY: 103dB
* ACTIVE 24dB LOW AND HIGH PASS FILTERS
* INTERNAL COOLING FAN
* THD <0.05%
* VARIABLE BASS BOOST @ 42HZ: 0 - +18dB
* VARIABLE 0°-180° PHASE SHIFT FILTER IN LOW PASS FILTER
* HIGH LEVEL INPUT
* REMOTE BASS LEVEL CONTROL PORT
* OPTIONAL RBC1
* LED AMPLIFIER STATUES
* DIMENSIONS: 11-1/4' X 2-5/8' X 17-3/4'

<$400.....Nobody can say anything bad about these amps. They sound great and are only meant for SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1524
Zapco I-4100
Zapco DC-1000.4

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4150
If you want some of the high end recommended amps then check out the JL 300/4 or 450/4. Amazing amps.

I whould also look into ZAPCO referance series amps and if you want to go all out check there C2K line.

Check them out at www.woofersetc.com

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8349
great reccomendations^ and ^^ and ^^^.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1525
Sinfoni 120.4X
Sinfoni 50.4X

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8354
very nice^ seriously very nice:-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8275
jl audio 450/4 ftw.

300wrms x 2 @ 1.5-4 ohms channels 1 and 2

150wrms x 2 @ 1.5-4 ohms channels 3 and 4

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1528
Yes, I was going to have my butler install one in my Buggati, but he is still in Europe with my Yatch, I have to dipatched my private lear jet to collect him.

Thanslation: they cost a boat load. A little more then the C2K

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 146
LOL

bump^^^

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 180
ROFL that was hilarious marc

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3768
Jl

Post Number: 8
thanks for the help

I am going to check with the high end places around town and see who carries zapco , see if i can get a listen
If not I'll go to walmart and check out the legacy :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2267
IMHO A/D/S makes the cleanest sounding multichannel amplifier EVER. Legacy has been around since 1990/91 not nearly as long as others. they were decent back then with there 400w green amp but even then it was marginal. Polo..

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8369
your right polo but he said he wanted something with a warranty not something used.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2273
Yada yada yada, if you can find an A/D/S amp working you will never need a warrantee, think about it if it has lasted this long then the only thing that can kill it is YOU! Here is a link for an 8 channel bridgeable amp. This thing is nearly bulletproof and strong enough to drive your grandma to the store... Polo.. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADS-P850-2-POWER-PLATE-AMPLIFIER-AMP-8-CHANNEL-A-D-S_W0QQite mZ110071967328QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 297
hey polo i got 2x pq20s and they are so clean. 1 i had to get fixed(the ebayer i bought it off of forgot to tell me it had been in a flood) but the other 1 i got i got my dad bought it new in the early 90s and it is still sweet and sounds incredible. I agree with polo. if you can find and a/d/s/ pq20( or any a/d/s/ amplifier) get it. so clean.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8456
I couldnt agree more they are amazing. One of the best system's I ever heard was in 1990 and it was a alpine deck with all boston acoustic pro mids and highs and a/d/s amps and a/d/s subs:-) those old a/d/s subs were absolutely amazing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us