Amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 17
Anyone know if a stock alternator can handle the JL 1000/1 or the Rockford Fosgate T1001BD amps? I'm planning to get either one of these subs but I dont want to upgrade my alternator because its pretty pricey. I also have a Kicker 350.2 amp pushing my mids/highs and that thing already has 2 25 amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 68
wut size is ur stock alt?

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 18
I do not know what my alternator size is. I think its 110

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1082
could struggle if you blast it all the time.
If you only show it off once in a while you should be ok.

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 446
buy a kinetic 1400 or 1800 as a second battery for the amp... may still be a little bit pricey though

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 144
I am almost all stock except for my optima yellow top and 2.4 Farad cap. I paid $140 for the battery and $95 for the cap....They were well worth the investment. Three cars later and they are still kicking like new. I have had two of the JL 1000/1's hooked up with my semi-upgrades and my lights don't dim or anything. My stock at is like 110a I believe.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 277
May want to look at the Cadence Daytona series amps. being digital they are VERY efficient. I would also upgrade battery as well to be safe :-)

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 575
i got a ? i have 2 15's and im gonna run (2) kx 1200 watt amps on the subs can i just a kenetic battery and use that and not have to upgrader on alternator? cuz i dont wanna spend much money on this

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2785
your going to need a ho alt.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3776
if you're getting a 1k system, leave 600$ for electrical upgrades, that's like buying a ferrari and leave it just because you can't afford gas

600$ is an example...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us