just got a system in my car a few weeksi just got my sytem in an i need to know something

Username: Theblackcat

Wv US

Post Number: 1
i just got a system installed a few weeks ago i have 4 175W speakers in all my doors a 300W amp and 2 10" subs is it easy to blow anything out?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 368
like blow windows out?

Wv US

Post Number: 2
no my speakers

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 370
go into some more detail....what speakers ...is the 300 watt amp hooked upto the subs or speakers?

Wv US

Post Number: 3
i know its hooked up to the subs i think its hooked up to the door speakers too im not sure though the guy told me that when i get the chjance to get a 4 channel amp to hook up to the doors or at least the front doors.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8235
so you only have 1 amp right now? what amp is it? I bet your head unit is running your rear and fronts and the amp is running the subs. If the guy who installed it knew what he was doing then you shouldnt blow anything.

Wv US

Post Number: 4
the amp is built on my sub box its a ELA2100 300W amp. I had circuit city install everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Dnug

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 29
(not a pro)

listen for crackles, youll here it it wont just lock up, hmmm... usually, lol, circuit city, if you took their advice you will be fine, cuz if they are overpowering you on their advice they get into trouble they always try to talk you down to a lower wattage, but i would say you are gonna drain your headunit before anything else, just in my experience, later hopefully they help you out somemore, latez
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us