Installation Problem Infinity 7541A please help

Username: Wooguay

Post Number: 1
Hey all, Thanks in Advanced for any help on this issue. This is what i'm using Infinity 7541A 4 Channel Amp Infinity 692.7i 6X9 Infinity CS6010 6 1/2 component speakers I purchased all these off ebay and unfortunately the amp was sold as it though it was working the last time he has used it, sold his car blah blah blah. Well after i hooked everything up i am getting on the amp a solid clip and protect LED the power LED is off, the unit is grounded to the trunk with a new hole drilled and that shouldn't be a problem i am getting consistent 12.5 when the car is on accessory and a 14.5 when running. Its difficult for me to diagnosis the problem because the first thing that comes to mind is that i got screwed/scammed. So ill leave it to you guys. Incase it might help the wiring setup is 4ga to distribution blocks for dual amp setup and then 8ga currently to the amp. Remote wire is hooked up to the antenna blue/white on the back of the head unit. I am seriously stuck please tell me the amp isnt fried *i did happen to smell the unit when i got it to make sure it wasn't fried and it seemed okay. thanks again

Username: Wooguay

Post Number: 2
updating myself, i figured in order to check out which might be causing the problem i disconnected the RCA and fliped the head unit on, same problem the clip and protection light say lit. So then i disconnected the speakers so all taht is going to the amp at this point is power ground and remote. Same problem. After doing some more reading from other sites about similar symtoms (couldnt find any with clip and protection) i think it might be safe to say that i didnt ground it properly? If anyone might have anythign on this please reply thanks. IF needed ill try to get some pictures up of the install if anyone asks. Thanks again all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us