Amp choice

Bronze Member
Username: Nolimiy

Post Number: 44
What amp would you guys recommend? I've already chosen the subs - 2 FI Q 12's - and will be building a custom fiberglass application (sealed) for my trunk. From what i've been reading on this forum 1100-1200 watts per sub would be fine but I'm having a hard time choosing. I've found 3 amps so far - the RF T20001bd, kicker zx2500.1 and the hifonics colossus. I don't want to overpower or underpower these subs and those 3 amps I can get for about 700. The voice configuration of the subs is either dvc 1 ohm or 2 ohm, and I will figure that out after I choose the appropriate amp. $ is no consideration - I will spend what I need to if I want a decent system.

Also, where is a good site to buy amps from - I'm not quite sure I trust ebay with car audio..

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2716
i'd take the kicker or the rf out of those 3. here's a few sites:
www.onlinecarstereo.com
www.mainstreet-audio.com
www.woofersetc.com
www.sonicelectronix.com - kicker dealer
www.hifisoundconnection.com - kicker dealer
www.electronicexpress.com - kicker dealer

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 520
ya id say go with the kicker amp and just watch ur gains cuz it will be giving those Q's about 1400rms

Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 5
hey i'm looking at buying two Q 12" also and wanted to know the same question but i did not want to spend over $300 or $400 on a amp any other idea? by the way anand have you listened the Q's i want to know if they are a good choice?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2722
the q's are a great choice, you wont be dissapointed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us