How do i hook ,y amp up

Username: Alanpflanz

Post Number: 3
i have never hooked an amp up. i need some help. i need to know how to do it i hope that there is someone that can help me. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4559
there are sooooo many places that show you how.. google it

power wire = from positive from battery to amp

ground from amp to the car's chasis (make sure it bear metal, scrape away the paint

REM from amp, to the back of the HU's remote output lead, (usually blue wire with white stripe if an aftermarket HU)

RCA's plug inot the back of the HU (if after market) and then go to the amps RCA INPUT

Post Number: 6
but i want to keep the head unit that came with the car im going to try it today and see what happens, thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 712
Is the HU that came with the car stock, or is it aftermarket?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4561
i never said you have to get a new HU...?

Post Number: 8
i know well i got it all hooked up and is it ok that i hooked the amp's ground and the pos up to what the battery's? also is it ok that i set it up to the power will come on only when the car is on. but i went though the fuse box. i hooked it up the ings. swich 3. and put a little bit bigger fuse in there. is that ok? it works qite well just a little worried that it will brake something or worse. start a fire. you have been a great help thanks man. i hope that you understand what i have down and that you think that it will be just fine.

Post Number: 9
i know well i got it all hooked up and is it ok that i hooked the amp's ground and the pos up to what the battery's? also is it ok that i set it up to the power will come on only when the car is on. but i went though the fuse box. i hooked it up the ignition. swich 3. and put a little bit bigger fuse in there. is that ok? it works qite well just a little worried that it will brake something or worse. start a fire. you have been a great help thanks man. i hope that you understand what i have down and that you think that it will be just fine.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4563
well, where is the battery in your car? because the ground wire shoudlnt go all the way to the battery from the back, they usually in an amp kit just give you a 3 ft ground wire..

as or the fuse, there really isnt a reason for putting a bigger fuse in, but its fine. Makr sure you have your "gain" on the amp to match the pre-out voltage of your HU. b/c you will fry your amp if its isnt

Post Number: 10
that is the funny part the battery was in the back under the back seat and the fuses were right there too. i dont have anything hooked up to the head unit. its hooked up the speaker. the way that i ran it was. the speaker wire the this box that i bought and it turns the speaker wire in to AV jacks. and i hooked that up to my amp. and than its hooked up to my kickers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us