Effective Dual DVD Bypass Codes (w/ NO SWITCH)

Bronze Member
Username: Eric985

Post Number: 24
I've researched many ways of bypassing the brake safety of Dual DVD systems, with the help of others in the "Bypassing parking brake feature" thread. For the ease of all new users, I decided to compile this list of the three easiest and most effective methods.

These methods have worked on a variety of Dual DVD systems (mainly XDVD8181, also XDVD710), unsuprisingly, since Dual stated to me that most installations have the same codes.

WARNING! It is usually ILLEGAL and most of all UNSAFE to drive while watching video. I only watch video while parked, and I suggest you do the same. This is for demonstration purposes only, if you use these codes, you do so at your own risk.

STEP ONE. Ground the E-Brake wire.
No matter which method you use, you must ground the brake detection wire. I suggest you tap it into the ground wire on your wiring harness (ensures a good ground).

1. FACTORY RESET METHOD (Temporary)
(This isn't the most effective, but it is the easiest to try, so it's worth a shot since it apparently works on some units.)
** Go to the Menu
** Get to the Settings Menu
** Select <yes> to Reset to Factory Settings.

Credit: DKA

Have recently heard complaints of this method not being permanent, as this is needed everytime they want to watch a DVD. Also, radio and screen angle presets are lost.

----------------

2. AUDIO CD METHOD (Permanent)
** Insert Audio CD
** Press PLAY
** Press STOP twice on remote
** Enter 26604 on remote
** Press ENTER
** Take out Audio CD and Insert a DVD

Credit: Myself via a DUAL Tech

----------------

3. DVD METHOD (Permanent)
** Insert a DVD
** Let it play until you hear sound
** Enter 26604
** Press ENTER

Credit: Adam P.

The blue warning screen should immediately go away after pressing the last digit of "26604." Still press ENTER as a precaution.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Each of these methods have worked for several different Dual users. I'm not saying they will definitely work on yours, but these seem to be the most effective solutions (aside from those requiring switches). Good luck and enjoy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Method 3 worked for my XDVD8181.

Username: Lanefa

New Bern, NC USA

Post Number: 1
3 worked, but when i turn my headlights on I get a "signal not detected" screen. Any ideas?

Username: Awp

Post Number: 2
Yes, you have the "Reverse Light" detection wire hooked to the illumination wire for the Instrumant lamps and it's triggering your Back-up Camera" input everytime you turn on the parking/headlamps. Pull the radio and unhook the Reverse Light sensor wire from your factory harness connection (I think it's a brown with a white tracer wire, look in he wiring diagram in the book to be certain and you probably have it hooked to one of the orange wires from the harness kit.)and just tape the ends over as it is not needed unless you will be using a backup camera.

Username: Peaty

Just got done installing mine. I'm happy to say the third DVD method worked for me. I hooked up the yellow parking brake wire to a permanent ground and tested it before I installed it. Worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough. Nice work.

Username: Devilstoy

Jersey

do i need to do this with a cd and then again with the dvd or does just the dvd method # 3 work ? thanks

Your post reminded me that I needed to do this again since I worked on my car this weekend and had to remove the fuse panel. I forgot because it kept my stations :-) I just this minute did it again and for me Method worked fine. I did have to try it twice but I think that was because I may have entered the numbers in wrong. No matter it worked :-)

Jersey

Post Number: 3
method 3 ?

Jersey

Post Number: 4
is that supposed to method 3 ? im doing mine tomorrow and want to make sure i do it right the first time lol

Gaah yes method three sorry I thought I typed that.

Username: Djnicoya

Can someone please tetll me how to ground an e-Brake? I have never done this and am not sure what im doing. i have the DUAL 8181 and just had it installed but I want to by pass the dvd security, but im not sure how to ground the wire.

The yellow wire marked "Parking" needs to be attached to a ground. You can just attach it to the black wire from the speaker harness on the head unit.

What could I be doing wrong. I grounded the ebrake wire ( cut it, striped off an end and grounded it against a screw per instructinos from an uncle cuz i didnt know how to ground a wire). I then turned on the car, played the dvd and hit stop twice and entered code and nothing, i also tried the other 2 methods, any advice as to what im doing wrong? or what else i could try?

Post Number: 5
When you say e-brake wire do you mean the yellow one or the blue one? Just double checking. First thing I'd do is try another ground or verify continuity to ground at the screw you used for the ground.

I used the yellow one. it also happens to have a green stripe. Also incase it makes a difference, My DUAL is an 8181 and it requires me to do a procedure with the parking brake to let it go, lift it, let it go and then lift it again in order to activate the screen, does that make a difference?

Post Number: 6
Yes the yellow with the green stripe, your system sounds just like mine. I just connected the wire to the mount the stereo goes in, for me it's also where the stereo itself has a ground. Not sure this will help at all but I have my install here: http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7238
You need to register to see the pics but it's free to do so. It did take me a couple of tries to get it to work. double check your ground too.

Thanks for the help Pete. I finally got it to work, i just wasnt using a good enough ground and im a novice at this so i didnt wanna try to pull out the deck, but i found my way around pulled it out and grounded it to the harness. Thanks again

Username: Malicious01

does anyone know if anyy of the methods work on xdvd8265??? i see alot of people have success with 8181 but has anyone had success with 8265 or is my model gyro?

Username: Rayboogy01

Hey guys this is a great forum. I just had a dual xdvd8182 installed in my girlfriends car. I tried the bypass code method but it doesn't work. Does anyone know if there is a different code for this model or am I just doing it wrong? She has a Mitsubishi Lancer ES. I know it was a pain to ground it outside of the parking break. But the guy that I had install it spliced the antenna on the car. Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanx.

Username: Malic

Oklahoma City, OK U Essay

What if you don't have a remote??

Username: Tacoman2006

question (alot off topic) the sudwoofer wire is mono? i have two lead going to my amp but if i connect it to the rear out from the player i cannot control the amp/sub how do i fix this do i "y" the mono sub pre-out? or what--- PLEASE HELP!

Username: Solo67042

i just recently had a 8181 installed in my 05 monte carlo, i cannot get any of the codes to work for me. i had it installed at bestbuy, is it possible they did sonething so that i could not bypass the unit? any input would be great thanks

Username: Lanefa

New Bern, NC USA

They connected the parking brake wire, which means that the code will not work! I recently went through this with my neighbor. After two weeks of arguing, he unhooked the wire, and, OMG, the code worked.

ok so i need to disconnect what wire??? i assum it would be the one running towards my parking brake but what color should it be just in case?

i found the wire leading to my parking brake, its yellow with a stripe of blue but i dont understand how unhooking it will make the code work. unhooking it would be like leaving it there since there is no ground, isnt that right? anyways thanks adam i just need more info

ok, well i unhooked the wire and grounded it to a bolt on the firewall, i am still getting the same result. since best buy installed the unit i cannot get the unit out to slice the wire into the ground. i can see under my dash the harness that was used and there is a black wire running out of that. is that a ground as well? sould i just use a splice connector to connect the 2 wires?

Username: Ghthree3

Thomasville, Ga Usa

i tried the three step process for the dual tv ,it worked great

Username: Msnell901

dvd option work with 8181!!! great post! TY!

Username: Codylornace

Texarkana, Tx U.S.

my xdvd8181 wont load a cd...i put it in and i hear it spinning and it says loading but then it follows with eject and out comes the cd...i need some help guys its really aggravating..please email me with any tips, thanks alot

Username: Dancear99

I need help too . I have my Dual in dash xdvd710 hooked up to my amp and subs. Every function (cd, dvds, radio, and aux) all play through my system but now my ipod wont. It plays but only through the my car speakers but will not play through my subs. Everything was working fine with the ipod until i hooked up the ps2 to the aux. Do you think that might have something to do with it or do you think a connection has came loose?

Sorry for posting in so many areas, just trying to get this solved.

If any one has any info about this can you please email me:

Thanks

Username: Fadizzle03

Jackson, Michigan

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS WORKS WITH THE XDVD8183? DO I NEED TO HAVE THE WIRE GROUNDED? I WOULD APPRECITE THE HELP

Username: Troubleis

Dual 8265

DVD code worked, make sure you are using the main remote when entering the code.

Username: Troubleis

^^^^^^^ Should be dual 8285

Username: Esim1983

New Iberia, Louisiana U.S.

I have an indash Ford F-150 navigation, it is a 2007 audiophile does anyone know how to get it to play Dvd's? Also do you know how to get the bluetooth feature working for my cell phone and the unit? I have tried to press the mute button twice, but nothing happened! Thank you Elliot

Username: 1fierce1

Please help. I need the bypass code and proceedure for a Pioneer AVHP4900DVD.

Username: J0schm03

I'm wondering also if this works for the 8183. Cause I'm about to get mine sent to my place. Had two 8181 units break on me under warranty so they said they are sending me the brand new model :D

Thanks if anyone knows if this works.

Username: Cspiringer

Does any one know how to bypass the parking break on a dual xdvd8182 i tried the codes they did not work

Username: Grsteffes

DEL VALLE, TX USA

DOES ANYONE HAVE IDEAS FOR THE OVERIDE CODE FOR THE MITSUBISHI MULTI-COMMUNICATION SYSTEM I WOULD LIKE TO OVERRIDE THE DVD SO IT WILL PLAY IN DRIVE FOR THE BACK INSTALLED SCREENS

Username: Francis_ohara

Okay, I am new to installing a car stereo. I put a JVC KD-NX5000 in a 2000 BMW Z3 Roadster. Please explain how to bypass the DVD block so it will work with parking brake off. Thanks in advance for the help.

Username: Soloshy

I have a dual 8181 and I just hooked it up and I hooked it up just how it said in the book. but I dont think im hooking sum thing up right cause I keep geting that screen to pull the parking brake to watch the video. What do I do, do I not hook that yellow and blue wire just ground it to metal and do step number three. help me out please}}}}

Username: Fordguy07

Marlow, OK

how do i bypass the brake after the wire is grounder on Dual XDVD700

Username: Timowen1

Tipp City, Ohio USA

method 3 worked for my XDVD8183

Tipp City, Ohio USA

does anyone know if it is possible to make the time of day default on start up instead of current radio station on the Dual XDVD8183 maybe using a set up change simular to the brake wire bypass.

Username: 06dodge20

Shawsville, Virginia Mongomery

I have a Dual 8181, I am wanting to hook up my Playstation 2 to it. How do I do this? Also How long does it take for the screen saver to come on? It says its on but It has never came on.
Thanks

Username: Bzbatl

Method 3 worked for me on a Dual XDVD8183 purchased from Best Buy. Thanks!

Any ideas if there's a firmware upgrade for this DVD player to allow DivX?

Username: Sp0rt4320

Cirtus Springs, FL US

What is with the Dual8181 screen saver...It has an on/off switch but what is it.

Username: Cyberalexander

Hello, I have a Dual xdvd8285 applies the code for parking bypass, but now when placing the screen in stanby, it is placed in black only about 5 seconds and then reappears video, it is not applied according to the Standby screen, I do? Has something to do bypass brake by code? Thanks.

Username: Albundy0808

how do you ground the e brake wire?

Tipp City, Ohio USA

alex goodwin you did not say what head unit you have. I have the Dual XDVD 8183 and I have used the bypass code and bypassed the e-brake set up all together and grounded my e-brake wire at the same place and along with my head unit ground wire.

Username: Albundy0808

i have a dual xdvd 8182

Username: Bfraser9655

Arlington, Massachusetts

just got xdvd8183.. tried all three codes.. none worked.. any ideas on what to do?

Tipp City, Ohio USA

Brenden Fraser, take your time and try no. 3 again. Make sure you follow the directions exactly as printed. I can't believe it don't work. Is the yellow ground wire hook up right? I connected my yellow ground and the black head unit ground wire together and connected them to the radio harness ground. That way the are getting the original radio chassis ground that was factory installed when the head unit wiring harness is plugged into the factory harness. What type of vehicle are you working with?

Username: Bfraser9655

Arlington, Massachusetts

its a 2004 taurus. i figured out what went wrong, the ground wire came loose from its connector while i was putting my dash kit in. i crimped them together and it works great now.

Tipp City, Ohio USA

Post Number: 7
Great. now be careful and don't get caught watching movies and driving...

Username: Lchoate

I used method 3 to unlock my XDVD8285. Worked like a charm. I have the ground switched so that if the police are near by, I can blank the video and the code does allow me to still effectively un-ground the wire and blank the video.

Anybody aware of firmware upgrades or a method to load code on these units? I absolutely hate the way it works with my ipod. I'm also not thrilled with the menu system in general. If I had a method of loading code, I'd give it a shot.

Username: Bamckychris4

does anyone know the codes work for a xdvd700 i was going to buy one but decided to do some research first and haven found anythink working for that model if you have any info on that model please email me

Username: Djblenda

IA

I just had Best Buy install a Dual xdvd 8281, are there any codes for this one so I don't need a switch?
Hit me up

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 391
dual dvd players suck period.

Username: Keodie

Dub K, Kansas USA

hey guys iv been listening in and have put in a Dual xdvd700 but the thing is when i try the switch and click it ON the dvd movie comes on but only for a split second i try it again then it either does the same thing or it goes to the blue screen that says it has to be connected to the parking break but that also only stays on for a split second and it does this every time i try it. Any ideas anyone i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

you have a horrible ground or your wiring is off

Dub K, Kansas USA

Well I thought about that and I moved it to the units ground wire and its has continued and im pretty sure the wires are all correct I individually connected each color wire to the same color and triple checked it.

are you sure the wiring is correct, i mean not that they arnt secure but are you positive that all the wires are connected where they are suppose to be? the wire from the headunits labeled parking brake should be to a good ground... the only other wires conected to be speakers, opt sub, opt antenna, and constant 12v and accessorie.. as long as parking is to a good ground, you should check to make sure you did the procedure correctly, some people it takes 2 or more tries... sometimes when it flashes on then goes off its cuz the unit isnt unlocked... it just gets a glimpse of the grounded brake but then doesnt bypass the restriction for video display... you myte also wanna double check if your model is able to bypass parking brake for video... check those and post back what you find...

Dub K, Kansas USA

ya know what I showed my friend that I bought it from and he was really confused and said it had to have been the screen on the player so we exchanged it from where he bought and got a new one and this one works lol thanks for all the suggestions tho i really appreciate it

Dub K, Kansas USA

Im such a noob lol

Username: Champaroo

is there anyway to punch in the code withought a remote or does anyone know where i cold pick up a remote for the 8181 model

you have to have the remote to punch in the code, and you can contact dual and request a new remote which will cost you a little money + shipping... or just hop on ebay and do a little searching... but whichever way, a remote is a must... even if you couls borrow a friends, it would work cuz the code is a 1 time thing and its permanant unlocked...

Username: Connieh1968

Has any one had a problem with it playing burnt dvd's? It will play some of mine but then some it will not, all were burnt the same way, same program. Any suggestion. I keep getting the error code, NOT COMPATIBLE FILE, but then when I take it and play it in my computer or dvd player, it plays fine.

depends if you use dvd-r and dvd+r and it also depends on how your comp burned the files, if you overburn (burn more then the disc capacity) with programs like nero then it will mostly not play... other then that i dont know why it wouldnt play... mine reads dvd+R and -R, has full touch screen for burnt custom music vid dvd's that i burn, and again i dont overburn and use almost all mpeg3/avi files only... hope this helps

Can you tell me what program you use? I don't use Nero. I did use two different programs last night burning the same movie, one worked and one did not. I used DVD Fab to copy, then 1 Click DVD to copy. THis worked in the system, altho the ending froze up. Then I used DVD Next Copy and it would not play at all.

Let me correct my post.

I burnt the same movie twice. Once using DVD Fab to copy the movie, then 1 Click copy to burn to disk. I am using Memorex LightScribe, DVD+R. Then I used DVD Next Copy to do it all and it would not play at all.

Can you recommend a different media that you have used and had not had problems with along with the software?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 949
i got 68 music videos on an dvd+r hahahaha

i can only fit 40 on a dvd-r but that's including animated intro and hd quality videos (~90 mb each)

Post Number: 8
connie - to be honest i use cheapo non lightscribe discs. the brand i use is windata-r but u can use +r as well and 100% playback everytime. i would recommend going to the store and just buy regular dvd+r/-r (non lightscribe or double layer)

it could also be the way you rip the movie to your computer. format is always important. i would recommend trying to dl the video in mpg or avi n then burn it to disc n see if that works n if it does than it's the way ur copying the movie to the computer

kiet

Thank you so much for your replies, I appreciate it. I am using Memorex DVD+R, non lightscribe and an older program. So far, they are working great!!

Post Number: 9
Connie - awsome to hear that... glad everything is working out, sometimes the littlest less technological things work out the best in the end... enjoi all the media and be careful not to let those eyes wander while driving =P

Guess I talked too soon!! You never told me what programs you are using...I am mainly copying movies for my 2 year old. We had a unit installed overhead, but the dvd part broke, it never had problems reading anything I burnt. So we installed this Dual DVD700, I put another burnt movie in it last night testing it again, nope, skipped and all garbage. We were thinking about going to Jensen 9412? Any clue if a better "named" product would do better?

I called the company to see if they could recommend something, he said mainly just had to hit or miss with the media and to burn at a slower speed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
hmm... i use a program called NERO which is an exelent burning program... i ussualy use dvd FAB ti rip and NERO to burn(only copying what i own for my private use in my car), if it was a hit or miss case then its a hit every time...

my setup is:
sony optical dvd reader/burner/rewrite

windata DVD -R and DVD +R

DVDFAB HD Dycrypter is the program i use to rip to computer

DVD Shrink to compress the video
-OR-
just burn with NERO, both takes equally long, Nero compresses for you which takes time, DVD shrink compresses but is lengthy as well, after compressed, NERO burns an about 5 minutes...

My husband went up to Circuit City, he took a stack of DVD that I have burnt, some that will work, some that don't. He put them in the new Phase Linear and the Jensen, they all played. So he bought a new one and will take this Dual back. Thanks for all of your help!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
sounds great and np, glad to help out =P

Username: Eclipseboy

brake over ride code for a pioneer avh-p4900dvd

Username: Jason1413

i just installed a xdvd8181 but everytime i turn it on i get "signal not detected" being in camera mode. mode button wont work. everything worked fine when i tested it. only thing that is different is that i pluged in the iplug input. not sure what to do here, but this post has helped me with all of my other problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
danny - this is a DUAL bypass thread, so im not sure your gonna get any help on over ride code for pioneer

jason heck - theres a small chance the unit is defective... i have had horrible experience with 8181 with cd/dvd getting stuck and the door stays open... id say exchange for a new one

Username: Jason1413

thanks kiet i'll swap it out and see if that works. thanks a ton for your help.
love, peace, and hair grease

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
np man, and jeez i havnt heard that phrase in a looong time =P take care and let me know how everything goes..

Username: Tangi

I just installed dual xdvd-8285 in a isuzu rodeo. cd player is working but the fm tuner is not,it has a blue wire that is a power antenna.i have the regular ant wire in the rodeo can anyone please tell me how to fix prob......thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
shawn sickler - you say you have a regular (non power) antenna?.. there should be an antenna wire that connects into your factory headunit (cd player/tuner). that antenna wire which is a thick audio looking wire should connect straight into the back of the DUAL xdvd8285 unit... if you do NOT have power antenna equipped on the car, that blue wire should be taped off because it is useless... make sure that the original thick antenna wire isnt loose in your dash, ive doe that a couple of times... if your factory unit recieved fm/am tuner then there was a wire which you need to connect to the new unit to recieve fm/am radio... hope this helps

-kiet

Username: Tangi

Keit, Thank you for responding so fast,there is not a spot anywhere for the stock antenna wire. the only thing thing there is is a blue wire out of dual for a power antenna. how do i convert over to a power antenna ..thanks for all your help

Username: Toointense57

Im having an issue with my xdvd700. I am trying to burn music videos off of my computer onto a disk to watch in my car. however when I do so the disks work in my dvd player in my house, but when I put it in the player in my car it says "file not supported" any idea on maybe what I can do. I know this has nothing to do w/ the e brake by pass I figured that out on my own. I am just getting really frustrated with this not working and hoping someone out there can help me. thanks!!!!

Post Number: 8
Andrew, the best thing you can do is take it back and get a Jensen. We bought that same player a few weeks back. Every program I used and every way thinkable, I still had the same problem you do. Had my husband take it out and took it back, got the Jensen for $100 more and it plays everything! We took a stack of DVD's to the store and put them in to test them first. The Dual brand would not play any of them, the Jensen has yet to spit one out!! If you read above, I posted the same problem and one person tried to help me but I still had issues.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
shawn sickler - you convert over to a power antenna by installing a power antenna ontot he vehicle... then connecting the wires for the power antenna up ie. power to power, blue wire to blue wire for headunit signal...

Andrew Gomen - my experience with the sdvd700 is very slim... apparently alot of people are having trouble with burnt discs on this unit... i would say take connies advice and spring for a better unit... I have the dual xdvd8281 and it plays everything i throw at... sometimes i can burn crap discs out of mistake and it will still read wut i put on there (movies, home videos, music, mp3 disc, mp3 dvd disc, everything)

Connie - hows the new player working out for you now? yeah some duals are crap, i guss the model i have is just lucky lol... i believe most of the newer in-dash duals play everything and after its ulocked it plays everything while driving... no issues with the last 2 duals i bought, maybe its a 700 thing...

Username: Damaged

I have a Dual xdvd701, worked fine yesterday, other than playing DVDs with or without the parking break on. So I did the 3. DVD METHOD (Permanent)
** Insert a DVD
** Let it play until you hear sound
** Enter 26604
** Press ENTER

Worked great last night. but now since I got in the car this morning no DVDs will play, video or MP3 and I cant even access the DVD setting in the main settings. This sucks!

Tried reseting it numerous times with the front little button as well as through the touch screen. Resets but still jacked! Anyone have this problem and know the solution??

Thanks a million in advance.
J

Username: Jb601

TN

THIS MAY HELP

Just purchased a Dual XDVD700 from Wal-Mart and installed it in my 96 Monte Carlo. Method 3 worked for me just fine. I simple used the ground wire going to my cigarette lighter since it's a known good constant ground and in very close proximity to my installation area. I snapped and screwed everything back in place followed the simple steps outlined in method 3 and it worked like a charm.
DVD-Video Format - I have a ton of music videos since I've have been using screen for many years now. After acquiring my video I simple convert it using Magic Video converter, converter the files to DVD-MPEG2, burn them using Nero to make a basic data disc with the converted file and it plays every round like a champ.
Now if you want a high quality DVD use Roxio Media Creator 10. I create a DVD Jukebox and it allows you to create custom menus with ease and will do all the ID Tag and Case Pics for you. It plays just like a DVD except it is all music videos. I take mine a step further and get all the updated ID Tags first prior to using. Now you may want to give overnight to burn because believe me it's in no rush. Once it's done you will have an impressive DVD with all your music videos that are selectable like typical chapters on your movie DVD and provides not only track and artist info during playback, but pics of CD's cover. Now if you really want to go extreme....may I should just save that for a later post.
One other thing, please keep in mind that DVD-Formats are selectable for a reason. A Mass DVD production uses a stamp to place information on disc and encodes it by regions. DVD Player Manufactures make sure their product will read that region. In our case we use a laser to scribe the information on the disc. Even though DVD manufactures can make a universal laser, but they don't, to read these formats, they select a list of supported formats to program the ROM chip to read and leave it up to the end user to scribe their DVD using one of the supported formats. With this in mind, not all "home-Made" DVD will work in every DVD player mobile, portable, or home. Even though it may get a little expensive, it is good practice to test a few DVDs and DVD formats till you find the quality you seek. Use a good converter to avoid garbled, choppy, or low quality play back. This not only apply to this thread, but to anyone who's scribing and encoding their own DVD's at home.
Hope this helps.

Post Number: 9
Can you beleive I am having trouble again?? LOL

I am using DVD Next Copy PRO to burn my movies...kids movies work great, all I can think of is that they are shorter, so they burn better? But when I try to do a full length movie, the first 20-30 minutes will play great, then they start acting up. Using Memorex DVD+R. I think I will go get some verbatim tonight...any clue??

Username: Jb601

TN

Hum, there could be several different factors involved. Trying a different DVD would be a quick and easy step. DVD Next Copy is an evolution of the older DVD X Copy. Unfortuantly I haven't toyed around with DVD Next Copy since I found a suitable program that I use. But my expericence with DVD X copy was a little troublesome that I would have liked it to be. DVD X copy allocates a certain amount of system (computer) memory and the total amount of the DVD buffer (or memory the dvd player/record has built in) When DVD X copy starts is process it attempts to make it as stream line as possible, so when the computer attempts to use the memory for another process it will cause DVD X copy to halt or slow down, causing it to gap and just mess a movie completely up. I would use another program. I use Clone DVD2 by elby along with Slyfox to back up my movies. Its really simple to use and uses a different memory allocation and retentsion process. I've backed my movies up to everything with this program. I had one issues, but that was due to my dvd burner going out. Hope this helps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
connie - i would say like JB said, first step easily shoiuld be to use a different brand dvd+/-r ...

then i would say if this does not change the quality output then you should try a different burn program, NERO works wonderfully with burning movies...

you should sample the dvd's in your home stand alone dvd player first to view and defects in the quality... obviously if the quality is good on your home dvd player then once again it is the headunit problem...

Post Number: 10
JB do you happen to have the links to those programs. I know most allow you to try them a few times first, I would do that then purchase them.
Just to add a note, I have one computer that does nothing but burn dvd's. So there is nothing running along with the DVD Next Copy Pro to cause problems. I upgraded and that is when I think I started having the problems. But I am willing to try your mentioned softwares. Which one would I use first?

THanks for all your help!!! I'm going to go tomorrow and get some verbatim dvd's.

Username: Darkestcard13

ok first of all i used method 3 for my 8181 and it worked great so thanks for that. but i have a question for whoever might be able to help me out. I want to be able to put music videos on a dvd and watch them. But my 8181 wont read them. Can anyone please help me out with this. I read above how a few people can play music videos while others cant. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Bought some verbatim brand. Some skip, some doesn't, that's still using the DVD Next Copy. I bought DVD Shrink 08. Tried that and worked perfect a few times, now I can't get it to work at all, need to get in touch with the company. What about a double layer media? What are your takes on using that type to hold all the data? I downloaded the DVD Clone as JB has mentioned, but some of the DVD's are crypted (don't ask, I won't tell) so it doesn't allow me to copy! HELP?? Willing to spend the money to get it right!!

Username: Night_hawk

If you own a Dual XDVD8183 the easiest way to bypass the parking break safety feature is to simply connect the parking brake wire (yellow wire) and the reverse wire (white wire with the brown stripe) to the ground wireon the harness. Connect all of that to the ground wire on the car (the black wire attatched to the car). The unit will think that the parking break is engaged. I did it on mine and it worked perfectly. I do not know if this works with other Dual models.

Username: Nelchis

HI I HAVE A STORE IN VENEZUELA AND I SELL DE DUAL DVD PLAYER FOR CAR MODEL XDVD 8181 I USED THE CODE METHOD 3 AND ITS WORK THANKS A LOT.... BUT I SELL ONE DVD PLAYER TODAY AND THE CODE DOENST WORK ? I PRESS THE NUMBER 26604 BUT IN THE MONITOR ONLY SHOW 6604 PLEASE HELP ME TO UNLOCK THIS DVD PLAYER THANKS A LOT

Username: Bphunk

Dual XDVDN8290

Can anyone verify that this code and procedure works for the Dual XDVDN8290. I am looking to buy one and want to know if I can disable to safety measure.

Dual XDVDN8290

Username: Radrhino07

Humble, Tx. USA

Ok stupid question here, but which one is the stop and which is the enter.

Username: Dtilson

okay, so i just got a dual xdvd700 as an early christmas gift, i decided to just google it and see what all was said abiut it, after reading this im wondering if maybe the xdvd700 isnt good. i must say i am only 16 and i am new to driving so i wont be needing to watch and dvds while driving. So the issues with the 700 not playing burnt dvd isnt an issue to me. So other than that is the xdvd700 an okay gift. I dont want to be stuck with a crappy player. Are there any other problems that have come up with the xdvd700??? Please let me know.

Username: Karmahkid

Hi folks,

I received my Dual XDVDN8190 yesterday from Crutchfield and installed in my Jeep Overland last night. I grounded the e-brake wire to the ground on the harness, powered it up, popped in a DVD and bam it played no problem. I went ahead and followed the instructions from "3.DVD Method" above and it also worked. Thank you!!

Username: Emtmike

Tennessee

26604 worked for me on my Dual XDVD 700.
It's been flawless so far... Got the p-Brake wire permanently grounded to the power-point outlet, as it was convenient to the H/U just behind the dash on my truck.

Username: Mudiechick13

Hey guys I just got a new XDVDN8190 and i am trying to get the dvd to work without that e-brake wire connected. I grounded it out to the ground from the wire harness and entered the code you guys got and I can't get it to work? Am I doing something wrong or is there a different code for my stereo? Can someone help me?

Username: Thebombmp

Las vegas, Nv Usa

i just ordered the dual xdvdn8290, can anyone help me with the dvd bypass

Username: Karmahkid

Hey Crystal,

I also have the XDVD8190 installed in my Jeep. I performed step #3 without grounding the ebrake wire first but no luck. I then temporarily grounded the ebrake wire directly to my truck on the frame under the dash just to verify that it worked. I then followed step #3 again and voila, it worked! Let me know if you still cannot get it to work.

Username: Mudiechick13

Hey Jeremy Thanks for getting back to me I got it figured out now. But I have a new question for ya... Does your stereo, when you turn your jeep on, come on louder then when you shut it off?? And sometimes when you start your vehicle is there no sound at all cause it happens to me quite frequently and if i can get it to shut off, Cause sometimes it dont want to shut off it just beeps at me, it will have sound again. Can you please help me with this one I dont know what to do and its really bugging me!!!!

Username: Djanim8

Bobby:

Dual XDVDN8290

Can anyone verify that this code and procedure works for the Dual XDVDN8290. I am looking to buy one and want to know if I can disable to safety measure.

Dual XDVDN8290

I just purchased the XDVDN8290 and option 3 worked. I didn't think it was going to.... but I got to the menu screen on the DVD and did it, and it worked fine.

Username: Jorgeduardo

Does anyone know how to connect an Ipod Classic (6th generation) with a Dual XDVD8183 in order to have full control and video support on screen??

Username: Demond

I put in the code for the xdvd710 26604 and blue screne still come on when ebreake is up but plays when it is down

Username: Allnatual

How are you guys doing? I'm new to this forum so bare with me.

1) I own Dual xdvd8183. Is the a on/off switch for subs? Can you turn them off completely? In eq section you can only minimize the bass.

2) When I'm going to speaker menu, I cannot switch to 6 channel setting. Why is that?

Thanks Alot!!!

Username: Sprawlking

Corning, New York

Hello everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me, or at least provide an answer to this question. I own an XDVD8285 and I'd been using a 1st generation IPOD Nano. I recently switched IPODs to a newer generation IPOD and now I am unable to control the IPOD functions through the unit, but only through the IPOD itself. Is there anything I can do, e.g. does it require a different Iplug? or is it that this unit only works with older generation Ipods?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us