Help help help

Username: Ztx

Post Number: 1
hi i badly need help!!!

i have 2 jbl subs and 2 amps....i want both subs and 2 front & 2 rear speakers connected to them...

subs are 1000w (250w RMS) 4ohms
front speakers are 25w RMS each 4ohms
rear speakers are 45w RMS each 4ohms
head unit is 4x50w
amps are jbl gto4000 4/3/2 (600w) and jbl gto75.2

got all specifications instructions and everything but my head is overloaded with all this sh... now :-)

please, if anybody could give me some tips, schemes would be wonderfull i would say big big thank you :-)

the worst part is with them subs, becouse i dont know how to get maximum power out of them with them two amps...and how not to f... everything trying to get there...

please, write to me ztx@hotmail.co.uk, thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4523
are your subs dual voice coil?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4524
it would be nice if you could post the amps specs also, the power ratings specifically (RMS numbers)

Post Number: 2
they r single voice coil...amps specs in a min m8 thanks for quick response :-)

Post Number: 3
---------------------------------------
jbl gto4000 4/3/2 600W
Type 4-/3-/2-Channel Amplifier
Power Output 55 Watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 ohms
and U1% THD+N

75 watts RMS x 4 channels at 2 ohms and U1% THD+N

150 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms,
14.4V supply and U1% THD+N
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 80dBA (reference 1 watt into 4 ohms)
Dynamic Power 100W at 2 ohms
Effective Damping Factor 6.354 at 4 ohms
Frequency Response (-3dB) 10Hz 100kHz
Maximum input signal 4V
Maximum Sensitivity 100mV
Output Regulation 0.07dB at 4 ohms
Dimensions (H x W x D) 358x294x55mm (14-1/8"x11-9/16"x2-3/16")
------------------------------------------
jbl gto75.2
General
Power Output 97 Watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms and U 1% THD + N
145 Watts RMS x 2 channels at 2 ohms, 14.4V supply and U 1% THD + N
290 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms, 14.4V supply and U 1% THD + N
Signal-to-Noise Ratio Signal-to-noise ratio: 82dBA (reference 1 watt into 4 ohms)
Dynamic Power 190 watts at 2 ohms
Effective Damping Factor 6.39 at 4 ohms
Frequency Response 10Hz C 90kHz (C3dB)
Maximum input signal 5.5V
Maximum sensitivity 230mV
Output regulation 0.098dB at 4 ohms
12dB Built-in, variable, low-pass electronic crossover
One pair full-range preamp outputs
Separate high-level and low-level inputs
Dimensions (H x W x D) 295mm x 313mm x 60mm
------------------
i am not sure about both subs...1 is single voice coil for sure, the other one is already in my car its in the garage :-) i thinks they r both the same, lets say so... waiting....:-) thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5789
Hey TN, you have a problem with the subs. If they are 4ohms SVC, then it won' work with JBL GTO75.2. That amp puts out 290w max at 4ohm bridged. Unless you have 2 2ohm SVC or 2 4ohm DVC, you will only be able to use 1 sub.
Your front speakers are too weak. If you want to use JBL 4000 amp, then upgrade them. If not, it'll work fine with headunit's power.
What other help do you need? It's quite simple. You take the rca from HU, to the JBL 4000, and power fronts and rears with it.
Connect only 1 sub unless again, it's 4ohms DVC, to the JBL 75.2 amp. Turn on the LPF and set the frequency to around 100Hz. Set your gain/level correctly according to your HU's preout volts (most are 4v in North America).

Post Number: 4
by the way i've got another amp nikkai 560W but i cannot find any specs for it on the web...i could use it too if needed...

Bronze Member
Username: Roadrunn3r35

Whaddu care?, New york USA

Post Number: 29
Yo wut up fella bros. Wut up wit sub depatment??

Post Number: 6
so, front speakers connect to head unit, right?
what about rear speakers?
and i still want them two subs on m8...is there any way how to do it?
what if i do like that (like i bought it) each sub gets its amp and front and rear speakers connect to head unit? i am a bit confused really couse i had too much information lately :-)

thanks for help guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 5793
I suppose you can hook up each sub to it's own channel on JBL 75.2 amp. That should be good enough for now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5794
Since your speakers are too weak in power, hook them up directly to the headunit. Fronts to the front outputs, and rears to rear outputs on the headunit.
If you still want to use the 4 channel JBL amp, go ahead and install it. All you need to do is use self control with the volume. If not, you can easily blow them.
If the JBL amp has "pass-thru" rca ports, use that to feed the sub amp (JBL 75.2 or your other amp).

Post Number: 7
bassman3 what's your opinion m8? :-)

so isaac, both rear & front speakers connect to head unit right?

and if i do like u said with subs i'll have 145 Watts RMS x 2 channels at 2 ohms, right?

why u said 'for now'? what should i do to make it better? another better amp? or just change both subs and amps? i cannot spend much...any suggestions? :-)

Post Number: 8
other thing...i cannot understand smthg...

front speakers r 130W each but rms is 30 or 35 w
rear speakers r 220w but rms is 40 or 45w...why? so that 130w and 220w means nothing?

Post Number: 9
and one last thing guys...power capacitor...do i need it or not? if i do, what capacity?...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5796
TN, it's called bs or peak power. They use that to get suckers.
Sony/Pyramid are the worst offenders. Their so called 200w is really 18w rms x 4. Maybe those guys failed math in high school?
Anyhow, since your speakers are low in power, they can be powered by the headunit alone. If however, you want to plan for the future, you can install both JBL amps and use the 4 channel for fronts and rears, and JBL 75.2 for the 2 subs.
Then later down the road, you can upgrade the speakers to 100w rms or higher. Only than can you enjoy loud crisp and clear music.
Whatever, you do, don't go cheap. Since you already have good amps, it's a good start.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4526
"and if i do like u said with subs i'll have 145 Watts RMS x 2 channels at 2 ohms, right?"

no, because thats @ 2 ohms, and you cant run ur subs at 2 ohms, only 4 ohms sincre their single 4... so you would get around 100 watts per sub.

other than that, just take out your factory speakers (or whatever speakers you have right now) and then just put the new speaker in their, just like how the other speaker was hooked up in their.

the BEST option, would be to get a set of componets in the future, and use your JBL GTO4000 amp to power each speaker on its own channel. and then you can just have ur rear speakers on the HU :-) because you can get some nice power to some componets with that GTO4000 amp

Post Number: 10
thanks!

what speakers should i look for? what brand? what shape? and what about power capacitor?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5799
TN it's all about money. For starters, you can have a look at Infinity. They should have something for the average listeners.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4544
are you looking into components right now? or just regular speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
well, in my 'dreams' i was thinkig about 4 speakers in my car min 100W RMS each, 2 subs system lets say 250W RMS each plus tweeters, dunno how many...2?..4? so i would need 2 amps i gues - 1 for subs another for other speakers...and a capacitor...

what i've got now is just a little game with it couse i got them almost for free - all my 3 amps, 2 subs, 3 HU, 4 speakers - m8 brought them to me so i bought them cheap.

bassman3...I dont want to look like nub, but whats the difference between comps and reg speakers? what would u offer?

isaac...my m8 bought infinity...he sais its all right but i wouldn't buy them, dunno why, maybe couse my m8 got them :-) what would u offer?

what about the money? how much would it cost to have smthg like i want? £500? £700? £1000?

and is there any difference in shape of speakers? i mean, i would like to have round ones just to fit in car panel holes...couse its a landrover freelander 3 doors, and its a tricky one if u want to put some special size speakers...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5803
TN Infinity has different models of speakers, including components.
Go for 'round' speakers, more durable too.
What you want shouldn't cost no more than $800 here. It appears everything's expensive there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
isaac, 'here' means where? US? Is it possible to buy on the internet and get them shipped to UK? do you know any sites for them? i am going to make myself a christmas present :-) and i need a good HU too :-) any offers?

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3392
use the 4 channel bridged on the subs, channels 1 and 2 for 1 sub and 3 and 4 for the other sub if they are single 4 ohm subs, ust the 75.2 on the speakers creating a 2 ohm load per channel(you just lose fading. use that setup for now, then get sub amp and put 4 channel on all speakers.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4598
T N,

speakers (that you are referring to your 4, are basic coaxial speakers. which have the tweeter mid and woofer all in one speaker.

in a component speaker, you have everything seperate, and it comes with a seperate crossover, which makes sure that bad freq. will get to your comps. their are the best way to go, and sound the best. coaxial speakers and component speakers.. you cant compare them in sound IMO.

this is a coaxial speaker:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Q8tlSO5YPZY/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=023PCXB542&wm=cl

this is a component speaker:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Q8tlSO5YPZY/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=107DB6500&wm=cl

the BEST option would be to get comps, put them in the front of your car, get an amp for those comps. then use the HU's power to power the rear coaxial speakers. then get a sub amp to power your sub. then your good to go.

as far as a HU, look into eclipse and pioneer HU's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us