PA a1000db vs audiobahn a8000t

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3697
hey guys i'm trying to make a budget system for a friend here. He needs 800w rms at 2 ohms and i tried to convince him for a kicker zx 750.1 but it was out of his budget. I told him i could find a solution and here it is:

PA a1000db (800w rms at 2 ohms, 3x30A fuse and it's 1 ohm stable although the specs don't say it)

Audiobahn a8000t (i was going to pick this right away but i'm not sure if the amp will put 800w rms at 2 ohms. It has a cooling fan, but i really need 800w rms at 2 ohms, not 600w like some guys said about this amp)

I think the PA is power wise and the Abahn has better quality.

Let's hear your reviews on each one.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4519
well, the PA isnt one ohm stable. it 2 ohm, and it would only be able to run 1 ohm for a short amount of time. really, its hard to say, because birth sheets for both amps cannot be found, so you just have to go by what the manufactur claims, which wont happen. the a bahn will do pretty close to 800. prolly like 700, the PA prolly around 750

Gold Member

Post Number: 3699
bassman, the amp specs don't say the amp is 1 ohm stable, but i read many reviews about people running them at 1 ohm for daily driving without problem. And nowadays i've found many sellers on ebay claiming the amp is 1 ohm stable. I might grab the PA, bigger fuses and might have the chance to wire it at 1 ohm.

more opinions??

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4521
i just would never run an amp @ an ohm load that it doesnt state it can run at in the specs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3701
??? more opinions????

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 733
Come on julio whats up? Your the king of budget....haha. I personally like my a3000db. I dont really care what people say about it. I have the personal experience with it. Unlike 99% of the people who hate on it. Oh yeah...and its lasted a hell of a long time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3702
yeah, i think i'm the king hehe lol! but i was really thinking the a-bahn just because of the cooling fan. The weather is very warm here. I think i'll grab the PA. It's not for me anyways.

A newbie can't tell...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4527
lol. your a nice friend then. and yes the a bahn has a cooling fan, but i think thast fan actually causes some over heating problems + the heatsink is chrome = no heat dissipation

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3367
just because you run an amp or people run an amp at what it is not rated at, does not mean it is good for the amp, there is a reason these manufactures rate the amps at what they do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us