How to bridge this amplifier

Bronze Member
Username: Williams16

Post Number: 11
Hi people I got a two channel amplifier but I couldn't get the specifications so I don't know how to bridge it. I'm sure I can bridge it because it is write in the amp. It has this configuration...

......." In the image box at the bottom"........

Does it mean that I need to connect + from L-CH and + from R-CH to bridge it up? The + from the R-CH is now transforming in a - ? This is really confuse Could someone explain me what's going on here...

Also I know that all of you know what happen...
I trying to bridge it to mono for a 4 ohmn speaker, the low in impedance from 4 to 2 ohmn in a bridge amp will kill my 4 ohmn speaker or not ?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5787
According to your post, that amp can be bridged. For pos on the sub, connect it to the left channel's +, and sub's neg to right channel's -.
Make sure you meet the amp's minimum ohm requirement. If not, the amp will overload and clip/die.
If you're unsure what the minimum ohm is, then use 4ohm as the max. Therefore if your sub is 4ohm SVC, it'll work. The same thing applies to a 2ohm DVC (wired in series).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
But my amplifier have a stereo and mono switch when bridged, so with this configuration how can I get a stereo configuration ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5790
When you "bridge" an amp, you're going from stereo to mono. Take a look at your diagram, you only have 1 pair of speaker output.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5792
When you "bridge" an amp, you're going from stereo to mono. Take a look at your diagram, you only have 1 pair of speaker output.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
No, my amplifier has a switch it said...

bridged stereo or mono so it mean that I can bidge also in stereo way I think I know how ..
That way,
+ LCh with - RCH and -LCH with +RCH and that's all then I choose two speaker sounding in mono or stereo by switching, an also like you said only + LCh with - RCH and switch it mono and thats all... Thank for all

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4550
why on the right channel is it saying that your bridged output is negetive, but you connect it to a positive..?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1048
what's the model number?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5801
I think you're getting confused. You can't bridge a 2 channel amp and still get stereo. That's like putting up a 1 way sign on a 2 way street.
I think that switch is referring to the input rca connectors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us