Help

Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 6
Is it the amp or the subwoofer that determines how clear the bass is? Cus I got 2 JL 10W7 and I heard those were one of the cleanest sounding subs but I dont have an amp for it. So I want to know if I should just get a decent amp that pushes enough watts to the speakers or should I get a really good amp like the JL 1000/1?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1434
Quality is number one.
If you can afford the JL, get it, But there are tons of quality amps at, or below the price of the JL. If you need help deciding, throw out some budget numbers and I'm sure you will get some good recommandations.

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 254
JL is the cleanest. you get what you pay for in quality in car audio. now there is such thing as best bang for your buck and JL deffinatily isent the best for your doller. but the point is its the best and you gotta pay for the best. but a cehap amp will put out a dirty signal. and JL amps have more to them than just being powerful and clean. they have alot of sub control too. they dont let the cone move as much but it gets just as loud. the guy at sound advice showed me and i was amazed and wondering why.

Post Number: 7
My budget is around $300-400 maybe $500 depending on the amp and what the amp can do. A lot of people are trying to sell their JL 1000/1 amps for around $500 but that's a little too much for my budget not unless its the black version of the amp, that I might consider. Any recommendations on amps around $300-400 that can come close to JL 1000/1 amp quality would be highly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1439
Check Ebay for Zapco, JL, MMats, Memphis, Elavation Audio, Ample and Arc. Also, check the for sale section here.
BTW, what voice coil set up is it? Single 3, Single 4, duel 4, duel 2? And are you looking new or used?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3690
i'd check kicker in that budget or memphis

Post Number: 8
I heard Kicker were loud but have a lot of distortion, but thats the subs, I dont know how good quality are the amps. I dont know about memphis either, whether if they are good quality or not. They are Single 3 ohms which wiring it to a mono amp will bring it down to 1.5 ohms. I'm thinking about a Rockford Fosgate T1001BD amp. Anyone know if those amps are any good in quality and loudness? That amp or the Soundstream PCA 1500D are what Im considering right now. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us