Advice needed

Username: D02265111

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased 2 MTX Audio 4500 12" subs with a single 4 ohm voice coil. I'm hoping to purchase a MTX Audio TC4001 mono amp to power both. The question I need to be answered is how should I have them set up? I have a 99 Eclipse hatchback and I want the best sound I can get. First, should I go with a seal box or ported? Also, what size ports should I use if I should go with ported and what dimensions should the box be? I'm going to have a custom box made for them. Second, should I hook them up in series or parallel? Third, they only have a 35 oz magnet on them. To me that seems kinda small. Should I try to upgrade to say the 6500 or 7500 series or will the 4500s pound well enough? Any advice or opinions you could give would be much appreciated. Thanks alot.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2668
sealed will give you better sq and ported will give you more spl but you will lose some sq. honestly don't have much experience with mtx subs as i don't care for them but from reading people post about them supposedly the 7500 series is the better of the mtx subs. magnet size really doesn't mean much to let you know. depending on your liking those subs might be loud enough for you, especially since you have a hatchback that'll help alot. and if you are getting a 400wrms amp, i have one for sale for probably cheaper than that mtx.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3672
^^^^^get his amp. Since you have a hatchback, i'd go sealed cuz those kind of trunk help a lot when it comes to SPL. It's easy to get loud in a hatchback. So, try sealing your box to make a more balanced system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us