Power acoustik

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 555
hey i got a new solo x 18 and im thinkin about what to power it with and i was wonderin if it would sound really loud with a power acoustik sl 5500 silver edition

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2660
pa=crap

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7997
dude I just got a new ferrari and when I ordered it I decided to get the 85 hp fiat engine instead of the 500 hp engine it comes with. How does that sound?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3668
hehe, this guys always play conservative but i always have a realistic opinion since i consider both things budget and quality.

This guys are right about the combination but i have to tell my opinion.

The PA must put more than 3k. It claims 4300w rms, i don't know if that's true but i do think that line should put close to their rated power. The A3000Db from their other line, claims 2300w rms and puts 2000-2100w rms and sometimes more and i've heard the amp handles lower loads. Not sure about that.

If you put that amp with the solo X, it will pound for the money you spent, although the quality is not the greatest. I'd recommend the new Adassa warlord from stevemeade forum. I heard the price is 850 and you will have some good juice to push that sub tyler.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3348
I hope you have the dual 2 ohm version, and i think that amp is underpowering the sub...

Silver Member

Post Number: 558
yea the sub is dual 2 ohm but my other option is the soundstream 6500 what you think?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1040
I've heard that sub being run with just a 1200w kicker amp and it was absolutely ridiculous.

That PA won't get you oohs and ahs because of the brand name, but it will because of the power.

I'm not so sure the PA amp and the SS 6500 don't have very similar internals.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3670
the SS is better. Try getting an Adassa warlord.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8040
What electrical upgrades do you have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 561
im gettin a 300 amp alt from excessive ampreage and im gonna run the big 3 soon

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8063
ok good:-) how much can you spend on an amp for it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
350 to 590

Gold Member

Post Number: 3674
well, keep saving or get the PA hehe.

Silver Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 139
hey guys, i work at circuit city and one of the guys i work with has the Solo X 12' and hes powering it with the Kicker 2500.1. But since its an 18' id go with the Hifonics 5000 watt amp. But guess what, i can get the 18 fa only $400. and the 2500 fa only $400 also. and no dont ask me if i can get you one bc i already used my combinations fa this year only 30 more days til next year. whewy!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3678
well... enjoy it. That money you're saving on that setup, you will use it for electrical upgrades hehe

Silver Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 141
naw i would never buy that... thats just ridiculous bass... but right now i have 4 twelves and another guy i work with has one 12" L5 and it kills the crap out of my 4 P2's, once i get my phone ill post up a pic. of my P2's! they're mostly fa show. (my friend gave me his KKR 1000.1 and 2 P2's and i already had 2 P2's from b4 i started working at C.City so i just bought 2 boxes and shoved them in there)(i gave him my old Alpine 600.1 amp and $200)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us