X-over problem

Username: Easybubba

Milwaukee, WI United States

Post Number: 3
I need some help. I just bought and installed a set of Peerless HDs tweeters and 7" Seas Excels for the rear fill of the bucket. I need a set of crossovers to run them off the 4150XXK. Where should i go or look? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 920
look on ebay man.. do you have a idea of what brand you are thinking of or would you like some suggestions ?

Post Number: 4
Sorry for the delay, away from the computer. Yeah, i would like some suggestions for brands etc. I didnt know what i was looking at on ebay and i didnt want to get the wrong thing.
What is the difference between passive and active x-overs and the way you wire your system? I know your supposed to have them specifically for the speakers you have but because I purchased them separately...Anyway i had been looking at audiocontrol specifically the 24xs but isnt that an active set rather than in in line from the tweeter and woofer to the amp?
Im a little confused and need some guidance, i just had to be different and shun the pioneers!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7826
if you get an active xover, you would need to have an amp separately for you tweeter and your mid. you can get an audiocontrol 6xs xover and change the frequency modules to fit your setup. the 6xs has 6 inputs with 8 outputs. the front input splits in to 2 outputs. you can get a 90hz chip and a 3500hz chip for the front outputs. that should work for your speaker.

Post Number: 6
Thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts