Got a question about a new battery

Username: Sonata

Post Number: 3
i have a 07 hyundai sonata and it has a stock 130 amp alternator probalby peak don't know what it is at idle but i want to hook up a 1500.1 kicker zx class d amp i will be using all 1500 watts rms i do not want to run another battery i just want to replace the wett cell with a dry cell under the hood can i do this? what brand? i do not want to upgrade my alternator am i going to kill my new car this way? someone please help!!!\

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 918
there are a few good options i can think of but whats your price Bracket ?

Post Number: 4
man i really just want to put a new battery under the hood without changing any wires or upgrading connetctions to the alternator because the car is under warranty and i do not want to jeporadize it my price range is really whatever!

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 932
Then i would say buy this monster
http://kinetikaudio.com/hc2400.asp

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 933
but even if you want to just use a much better battery i would still say that you need to do the big3 ( meaning the larger wires part only, without the alt upgrade ) and i really dont see how piggy backing some 0 gauge from the battery positive to alt and then usen larger Ground wires for the engine to chassis ground and battery to chassis ground would affect your warranty ..

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4437
just get a yellow top then :-) they have alot higher reserve than a red top which has higher cranking amps

but i would still do the big3

Post Number: 5
which is better the optimas or kineticks i have never found any power ratings on the optimas but on the kinetikcs they are catagorized by power

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2198
kinetics are better

the 800 is = is a little better then the normal D34 yellowtops

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 938
yeah i wouldnt have told you to buy it if it wasnt better .. i replaced two yellows with a monster in one of my cars ways back and i would never gop back to yellows but i need some more money to be able to replace the yellows in my other car with a monster
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us