RCA wire Installation

Username: Jeld135

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 6
I tried installing my system today but it doesn't work. After i got everything connected I turned on my car and immediately both amps powered on (i know this becasue the light on each went on). However, no sound came out of the speakers or the subs. The only thing that i can think of that i might have done wrong was the rca wires. Two came with the dual amp kit i bought so i plugged on into the back of the head unit and connected it to my 4 channel amp. Then with the second rca wire I plugged it into to the outputs of my 4 channel amp and into the inputs of my mono amp. I thought this was how i was supposed to do it but it isn't working. Any suggestions would be great.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1697
Doesn't your 4 channel amp have 2 sets of rca inputs, one for REAR and one for FRONT? Also how many sets of pre out are on the back of your HU? If you have a sub preouts you really should run a separate pair of rcas directly from that to the mono amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeld135

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 11
I only have 1 set of preouts on my HU and on my 4 channel amp I have inputs for rear and front. Also on my 4 channel i have 1 preout. Do i have to get some sort of attachment to make the rca cable from the HU split to go into both sets of inputs on the 4 channel?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1425
Sounds like its wired ok. Do you have a DMM? (multi-meter?)
Check to see if you have power on the rcas. Also some HU's may have an on/off setting in the menu somewhere.
Also, what HU, Amps, Subs, Voice coil config.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us