XBOX Wiring question...

Username: Likuidslider603

Post Number: 3
I'm thinkin about putting one of my xbox's in my car, or making it so i could just bring it in for long rides(so i would have an inverter hooked up already). Is it possible to connect an inverter to an ACC slot in the fuse box or put it on a switch? And if it's played ONLY when driving, is there a chance the battery will die or the car wont start after i shut it off? And would i still need an in-line fuse with 10 guage wire if i had a switch or connected to the fuse box? Sorry about all the questions i just haven't tried connecting straight to the battery and i dont want to screw anything up. Thanks alot

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1253
get a dc to ac power inverter, looks at how many watts or volts your xbox takes up. That way you know what size to get. Bigger power inverters are more helpful in the sense that they don't cause your xbox to restart if you turn your car on and off. I would get a power invertor that plugs up to your cigarrete lighter. And no it won't kill your battery. Just make sure you only use it when your car is on. Make sure to switch off the power inverter also bc it still runs after you turn your car off.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5760
If you want it done right, then get a 2nd deepcycle battery with an isolator. Purchase 12v relay switch from Radio Shack for $5 and use that to trigger the AC inverter on and off. Why just play games while driving? Have the option of playing the XBox anytime.
The isolator will ensure the starter battery never gets drained, and the 2nd battery stays charged.
Unless your XBox is a temp solution in the car, do it right the first time.
The power should come from the 2nd battery. 150w should be good enough to power XBox.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us