Anyone ever run a kx700.5, POLO????

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7648
a kx700.5 sub chan at 1 ohm? Where is Polo when you need him?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7727
bump!

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1379
i haven't ran one personally, but i have a buddy using one to power his whole system. sounds nice. i don't think that it will handle 1 ohm on the sub channel. i can have him try it if you want.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7733
Thats cool man thanks, I can try it out. I was just looking to see if anyone had ever done it.

Silver Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 140
yea man ive done it. you can run it at 1 ohm but it gets hot... if you turn the gains down a bit on the amp 1 and amp2 (fa the speaks) you should be fine. kicker says not to do it but we usually do it anyways, ive never seen it cut out, just gets hot.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2146
I'm sorry dude, I am getting into ANOTHER hobby and I have been busy with work. You would NOT believe that I am running 22 trucks this holiday season! Fricken Bestbuy is killing me and I have guys wanting to quit because they get on average 23 deliveries a day!! I am now getting into kitesurfing and will be going to FL again in Feb for a class for it. Anyhoo, I have no experience with the 5 channel but if they are built anything like my single channels then it will hold up. There is a lot of protection on them and if it decides to shut down then raise the load or decrease the gain a bit. I have an SX 900.4 that I aquired and it is fcking awesome!!! Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1387
AWESOME! kite surfing huh? I bet that would work really well here in oklahoma where it is soo windy. are they expensive?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2155
All my fricken hobbies cost money, lol. Around $1500-$2500 dependant on what stuff you buy. Polo..

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8091
awsome man, thanks Polo and RObbie. Kite boarding is awsome, it is huge on the west coast of FL where I go a lot. I have always wanted to get out and try it I watch people doing it all the time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us